Author Topic: Rules Rules Rules! (4th ed. D&D)  (Read 6107 times)

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
Re: Rules Rules Rules! (4th ed. D&D)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »
josh, the debated damage shrug question is this: the primal swarm is an aspect (class feature) which says as long as i am not wearing heavy armor i reduce damage dealt to me by my con mod. the power is swarm of locusts, which says i take half damage from all attacks until end of my next turn. so do they stack (half damage - my con) or is it just the power (half damage)? also when a pwer gives a defense bonus does it go to ac ref fort will or just the saves not ac? thanks : )

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »
I'll have to read the powers themselves, but my thinking from what I can glean from the internet is this:

Primal swarm druid reduces damage dealt.  The Swarm of Locusts power states you take half damage from the attack, which means it is indeed 0.5 damage - con modifier.  As for the defensive power, I'd have to see what it says in the text again.  My thinking is a power that states +x to defenses means it applies to ALL defenses.

Please note I reserve the right to house rule stuff back to normalcy, or kill you with a potato lich, at any time.

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 11:54:52 PM »
Artificer and Healing Infusions

The artificer makes two healing infusions after an extended rest.  During a short rest, the artificer or an ally can spend a healing surge to make a healing infusion.

Reading the text for the curative admixture, it's clear that the use of the healing infusion doesn't require the spending of additional healing surges, meaning the artificer can effectively grant two free heals in a day, and the artificer can effectively transfer healing surges between party members.

I think that makes the artificer just about the best fire-and-forget healer among the leader types.  That's a lot of flexibility without taking extra feats and gobbletygook to enhance one's healing powers.

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 12:03:50 AM »
Divine Power and Eberron

Divine power of course introduced domain feats, but Eberron uses different gods from the core rules.  I'd rather not list *my* take on which god goes what to where, because it seems pretty self-explanatory to me.  If you're playing a divine power source class and want to take advantage of some of the new feats, just work up your character and let me know.  (I reserve the right to veto it, or to change my mind later (unlikely), or kill you with a potato lich in the future (likely)).

If you'd like more guidance in this area, you can contact me via a PM on the forums here.