Author Topic: Deck building ideas  (Read 1510 times)

Sekacnap

Deck building ideas
« on: June 24, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
Hey everyone, I just bought the blue/green (infect) new phyrexia intro pack and the deckbuilder box for the previous mirrodin installation (besieged?) a while back. I really like the prebuilt deck but I didn't get a single card that would work well with it in the deckbuilder box. So, I'd like to make my deckbuilder purchase worth it and pick up one of the previous pre-built decks to build off of. The last set that I followed was the Alara set so there have been quite a few mechanic additions since then. Any recommendations for what I should pick up/look into?

Also, though they're in the same set as i said the new phyrexia cards i bought don't seem to go well with the deckbuilder that i bought, am i just an idiot/missing something or was i just very unlucky?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Deck building ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
The choice of intro pack is likely what hurt you the most.  The Deckbuilder's Toolkit, in it's current incarnation, comes with 2 pack of 2011 Core Set, 1 pack of Mirrodin Beseiged, and 1 pack of Scars of Mirrodin (I believe).

The semi-random cards are not from the Scars of Mirrodin block, which is the only block to contain the Infect ability.  Basically, of the 285 cards in the Toolkit, only a few of them could have had Infect (only cards in the Scars pack and the Besieged pack could have had infect cards).

If you're looking to pick up a bunch of cards with Infect, your best bet is to buy packs from either Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin Besieged, or New Phyrexia, look through the binders or case for cool cards with Infect, or buy one of the two Infect based Event Decks.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel