Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that everyone RAVES about...but you've never seen  (Read 2571 times)

Hierophant

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Gaming since 1978
Another useless survey...there are movies (Godfather for example) and TV shows (24 for example) that people absolutely rave about.  Shows that supposedly are so good that they've changed the way we think about (fill in the blank)

So, what are some of these earth changing shows, that you've never seen and have no interest in seeing?

For me on TV it's The Sopranos and 24.  I've never seen an episode of either one.

Movies...The Exorcist, and Platoon
"Oooh, it looks like the Russians are burning"
   -- Chase

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
     -- Winston Churchill

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
Re: Movies/TV shows that everyone RAVES about...but you've never seen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 10:48:17 PM »
30Rock uhh uhh ooh Donnie Darko actually I saw part of it and couldn't watch any more.  Not so much on the thriller horror kind of films.  Hmm, tough question sir.  May I stick with 30 Rock for now?
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

nomis73

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 03:38:15 PM »
Bock and Derek rave about Titanic  :o .  But I just can't bring myself to watch it.

And I have also never seen a episode of 24....

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:36:54 PM »
Titanic the film?  Meh.

24 is pretty decent at least the first couple seasons then it becomes more of the same.  I guess they didn't want to unleash terrorist attacks on America this year because the previews seem like they're going to Africa for some trouble.

With all the assassination threats against our president-elect you'd think the writers at 24 would have enough fodder to make a season or two on that premise.  I guess they don't want to tempt fate (killing Obama is BAD, don't do it).
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

bbock

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 02:50:28 PM »
Bock and Derek rave about Titanic  :o .  But I just can't bring myself to watch it.

I feel the same about Broke Back Mountain. Simon raves about that movie all the time.   

nomis73

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »
Whats not to like?  A story of forbidden love between some sheep herders.  I think you are afraid of it unlocking your inner cowboy.

p.s.  Psionics is totally broken.  Glad that they did not include it in 4.0.  To stay on topic.  I am glad there are no movies that people rave about with cheesy psionics in it.

bbock

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 04:00:12 PM »
Whats not to like?  A story of forbidden love between some sheep herders.  I think you are afraid of it unlocking your inner cowboy.
I must admit that opening doors that should remain shut does interest me somewhat.   

p.s.  Psionics is totally broken.  Glad that they did not include it in 4.0.  To stay on topic.  I am glad there are no movies that people rave about with cheesy psionics in it.

Psionics are to good for the mistake that is 4.0.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »
I've also never seen an episode of "24." Not really a willful decision I made or anything - I've just never seen one.

I've never watched a Bond movie from beginning to end. Again, not because I hate them or anything, but just one of those things I've somehow missed doing.

I had never seen an episode of Lost until earlier this year - when I pretty much watched them all in just a few sittings.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

buddyzen

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • FIRE-MERCHANT
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 10:57:35 AM »
the best sci-fi show in my opinion was firefly they only made 1 season though =*( then they followed it up with the movie serenity if any of you have seen serenity you probably have not known to watch the firefly show if not you should because it makes the movie make alot more sence.
www.Fire-merchant.webs.com

"Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »
the best sci-fi show in my opinion was firefly they only made 1 season though =*( then they followed it up with the movie serenity if any of you have seen serenity you probably have not known to watch the firefly show if not you should because it makes the movie make alot more sence.

Oh trust me, a ton of us at the store have seen Firefly and Serenity.  We love it.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion