Author Topic: Zombie Crawl - Necromunda  (Read 83361 times)

Commissar Grey

• God
Re: Zombie Crawl - Necromunda Wednesday (29OCT08)
« Reply #255 on: September 29, 2011, 11:35:09 PM »
Zombie Crawl is upon us!!!

Calling all Zombie Slayers, Zombie Crawl VII will be held on Wednesday October 26,2011 in Plainville.  I will be posting the start time and information for character building and equipment choices soon.  Sharpen your swords and lock and load your autoguns... this one isn't going to be easy!!!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2011, 01:24:24 AM »
You may want to rename the thread through editing the first post.

I didn't understand last year why a years-old thread was still going and didn't feel like reading through years of posts to find an answer... until one day I was bored enough to do so. :P

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2011, 01:31:13 AM »
Awwww YEEEEAAAH!

Heavy Stubber, at your service!

Seriously, if you come to the Plainville store ever, you NEED to play in this event.  It's always amazing.  It's my favorite event(s) of the year.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2011, 02:23:14 AM »
Since I actually lived, I MUST be at this one. There was only ONE humorous death of mine from last event.

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Re: Zombie Crawl - Necromunda
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
You had me at "Necromunda" and the rest just sounds amazing.

I've got some Necromunda models too that I can try to deck out and bring, mostly Escher, but I've got other various basecoated ones if we want / need donations.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
You may want to rename the thread through editing the first post.

I didn't understand last year why a years-old thread was still going and didn't feel like reading through years of posts to find an answer... until one day I was bored enough to do so. :P

Because its the same campaign.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »
I've heard a ton about this event and I gotta say the enthusiasm is contagious. I can't wait to hear more about it.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2011, 02:43:07 PM »

So for those of you who don't know, Zombie Crawl - Necromunda is a miniatures based game using 3rd or 4th edition 40K rules with a few additions.  Each player "builds" a character using a stat line similar to a  40K Guardsman and modifies their stat line using a set number of points.  Also, these points can be used to give your character skills chosen from a list provided.  You also can choose weapons and equipment from a list set for the game. (No points needed for that though.)  Each player can work cooperatively or independent.  You make my job easier when you start attacking other players.   ;D  I run the zombies and any other beastie you may encounter.  The object of the game is survival and escape from the zombies.  If you have any questions, please ask and I will answer as soon as I can.

Thanks,  John

Bromeo

• Email
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
Been following this thread since Plainville opened. I am pleased to read that it's coming down here, and I am definitely signing up for this one!

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »

Heavy Stubber, at your service!
Remember to bring the ammo this time!  :P
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2011, 08:33:10 PM »

Ben, are you going to join us this year?

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »

The group of gangers found a defendable ruined building to rest in.  The expedition they were on took them deep into the underbelly of their great hive city.  Steve, the most experienced and trusted scout, was gone for too long thought Rico to himself.  "Right", Rico yelled, "everyone on your feet and be sharp; something's off!"

As the group took up positions in the building Rico could see some movement from behind what was left of a wall.  Five ragged figures slowly shuffled their way towards them.  "Open fire!!!", barked Rico as he took aim at the lead figure with his autogun.  He let loose two quick shots and watched in horror as chunks of flesh got ripped away from the hits, but the figure didn't go down.  "Fraggin' zombies!!!", screamed Rico as he flicked the switch to full auto and let loose half the clip.

He could hear the men on the other side of the building start to open fire too.  Rico saw the first zombie he shot at finally go down from a lucky head shot.  He took a quick scan around and noticed many shambling zombies closing in on their position.  They were surrounded...

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2011, 01:08:23 AM »

Two weeks till Zombie Crawl VII!!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2011, 01:11:26 AM »
Questions! What do players need to do to get ready for this? Any sign up? What should players bring?

Commissar Grey

• God
« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »

There isn't a sign up for this, just join in.  All you need are some D6's, tapemeasure, pencil and a favorite 40K Infantry sized model. I will have a tape measure and some Necromunda models for players to use if need be.  I will also have character cards for players to fill in with their character's stats, skills and equipment.  I'm looking at a 6:30-7 start time.  If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks, John