Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Battleground Warmachine / Hordes 35pt Steamroller Event - 7/31  (Read 4207 times)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
I'm a fan of sleeping too!  Were all adults is 5/6 really THAT late? The 40k events are on till like 8!

On saturdays...

We are all adults and should be able to be up by a reasonable hour.   The issue with the events is that they are in the middle of the day and therefore consume quite a lot of it.   It is hard to do much of anything meaningful before an event.  Particularly on a Sunday I would like to get other things done.

Just my preference.   Danny has the only legit excuse!

Kuwanger23

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
If we roll dice at 12pm and and there is 4 rounds and we have a 1 hour lunch break that will take this thing to 7pm latest. 8pm after all the dust has settled and awards given out and we are in our cars driving home.  Not too bad. 

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
If we roll dice at 12pm and and there is 4 rounds and we have a 1 hour lunch break that will take this thing to 7pm latest. 8pm after all the dust has settled and awards given out and we are in our cars driving home.  Not too bad. 

I believe I was racing down the road at 7:45pm with games still going on.  ;)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Thanks for a well runevent with awesome support!
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Rounds must have taken a LOT longer than normal then.

I'm glad it seems like everything went smoothly.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Well, Chase, rounds for 35 point events last on average 87 minutes, assuming of course that at least one game goes to time.  That is 348 minutes, or 5 hours and 48 minutes.   Factor in at least a 10 minute break between round, + 45 minutes for Lunch and that is another Hour and 5 minutes, reaching 6 hours and 53 minutes.  Add in ~half hour for adding things up and awards, and you end up at 7:30.  Which is the primary reason why I did not attend.  I would have had to drop after the third round, which is unfair to everyone else.

I would plan on Plainville Steamrollers going AT LEAST 4 rounds from here on out.   As you have more players and therefore more games, it is increasingly more likely that at least one game will go to time in each round.   My personal preference is not to go as late on Sundays vs. Saturdays.  But that is just me.

Khornagaunt

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Thanks again to everyone who participated and a big thanks to Battlegrounds for hosting it. This was the largest and most enjoyable steamroller I've been to yet, and a large part of that is due to how well everything flowed and the great games I had every round. There were a LOT of tough lists out there, so I consider myself lucky to have grabbed third. Great job everyone and I can't wait to see you guys next time!

Kuwanger23

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Hey Alan!  Yeah you were a great opponent to go against.  I think our game was the best one I played all day.  It was a very smooth event.  Though Sundays are very rough for me due to getting home from my paper route at like 6:30am lol.  But none the less I had a blast with my Trolls.  Can't wait for the next one.