Author Topic: Gencon spoilers.  (Read 2604 times)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Gencon spoilers.
« on: August 04, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
Some news. 

Grayle is spoiled: Speed 7, MAT 7, Fury 6, DEF 15, ARM 16, 17? boxes
                       Stealth, Sprint, Sidestep, Weaponmaster (2 pow 10s for weapons), elite cadre, Wolves of Orboros, (gives them hunter).   Spell list, Gallows, Wind Blast, Awareness, Storm Rager.

Feat:  "Darkest Night" basically, everything in his control gains warpath for a turn, and Stealth.

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Re: Gencon spoilers.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 06:35:47 PM »
Nice, so this guy is plenty stupid. With Storm Rager (upkept) he's MAT 9, POW 12 Weaponmaster (x2), ARM 18 and can't be CRA's or CMA'd... That's pretty damn solid on a guy who already SPD 7 with Stealth, Sprint and Side-Step. Really though all his spells are awesome and his feat could be pretty sweet too.

It's nice they gave Circle a pretty direct warlock after Cassius whose a bit trickier. The only problem with this guy is his model. It's pretty ridiculous looking. Or it's painted like crap.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
update on feat, you can't use it to move yourself, and it only triggers off of melee.  =[

Kuwanger23

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »
I hear the Everblight guy has pSkarre's Dark Guidance!  Holy poop that is a good spell.  Especially for hordes.  All your beasts will be boosted to hit in melee. 

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 10:30:56 AM »
I hear the Everblight guy has pSkarre's Dark Guidance!  Holy poop that is a good spell.  Especially for hordes.  All your beasts will be boosted to hit in melee. 

Costs 4 and he is a 6 so not quite as good.

he is a little odd.

Kuwanger23

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »
pSkarre is a 6 caster too.....well a 6+d6...booyah!  Yeah I forgot that she has endless focus.  So yeah  having a 4 costing spell isn't as crazy.  But there is a reason it cost so much.  Especially in Hordes.  Think about the efficiency you can get out of your beasts.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 05:42:10 PM »
Not saying it is bad, just less good than Skarre's version.

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 01:16:24 PM »
I don't think DG will be a an every turn spell for him, more for when you're making that big push against your opponent. I think the spell to really be excited about is Ignite. +2 to attack and damage rolls on a model/unit? Pretty awesome.

I think he's going to breathe some life into Legionnaires. They're a good Incubi delivery system and Defensive Line and Unyielding is a great combo. Maybe mix in a Spawning Vessel for good measure?

I also really like the combination of Reach + Flashing Blade + Flame Burst. Pretty sweet for taking out infantry.

The thing that sucks major donkey ass with this guy is he's expensive to play since you're going to want 2-3 boxes of Incubi for his feat at $30 each.

Kuwanger23

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
I have no sympathy for the money you need to spend of $75-105 dollars.  I play Cryx and trolls and they are the two most expensive factions.  Everblight players can come talk to me when they have to buy 50% more of most of their units because they regen and come back.  But it does suck a bit.  But that feat is awesome! 

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »
Feel bad for the Blaize players.  Precursors and Swordknights add up!

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 09:33:26 PM »
Feel bad for the Blaize players.  Precursors and Swordknights Stormguard add up!

Fixed it.

Kuwanger23

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »
nice....nice

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
all you guys are wrong... feel sorry for pirates! our models are so cheap in points we need to get way more of them, and we make more of them in battle too.
Tau theme song, "jump around"