Author Topic: Armageddon: Chaos  (Read 25132 times)

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Re: Armageddon: Chaos
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'm probably picking up the reloaded tonight then.  and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume the Necrons are on the side of Chaos? 

-K

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 10:04:48 AM »
You assume correctly.

To keep the game going smooth, we want everyone to have their own rules / rule books prior to and before the megabattle.  You will soon see why organization is important when the day comes.  :P

I do have the Imperial Armor: Apocalypse so if you want to see those datasheets let me know.  Leniency on the forgeworld books is where I'm flexible considering how hard it is to get them.

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »
hehe...I bet its a madhouse that day.  Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be cool.  I was really eying the Obelisks on the Lost Souls site.  So I'll shoot to get a few of them done before then.

-K

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »
i wrote these a long time ago for my orks. i only made one rokk model so i never used it. but heres the rules

ork rokk: 150 pts

weapons: none

armor: F10 S10 R10, open topped, immobile

capacity: 30 orks, 6 killa kanz, or 3 deff dredz (grot units cant ride inside one, theyre too scared)

scatters 3d6, but never direct hits.  use the arrow on the direct hit for direction if it does hit

the rokk works like a drop pod, in that it doesnt roll on the mishap chart when it hits a unit, it stops just like a drop pod. once it arrives, the unit inside takes d6 wounds, immediately disembarks and takes a pinning test. if the unit passes the test, it may not move but may assault.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »
the only problem with bumping it up too 250pt is that is then becomes not realistic for a troop transport. 

I was just dreaming about the ordinance blast when it lands.  I would think it best in all situations to just make it tank shock anything under it, units test at a -1.  You know since meteors are falling on them.  But everything else remains that same and up the points to 75pt each. 

Then for 75pt you get a 30 unit deep striking transport with AV 11, I think SM & CSM drop pods are AV 12.  Open topped so it is easier to take out, since generally the benifit of open topped is assaulting out of it.  But units can not do that the turn it lands and then the rokk is immobilized.  The only guns on it are added on and have to be manned by units transported.  It also scatters farther (come to think of it is should have to scatter 3d6, player picks on a hit). 

And ya the kanz count as 10, I just want them to count as 5 since I just heard they are now mount on terminator bases instead of the old bases and I just think they should take up less space than a dread.  I believe the same for sentinels.

Please offer more input, I like the opinions.  Helps to guide the design in the right direction.

the only problem I have with pauls is that whole when it lands everything has to get out.  I mean if 30 orks assault out I could see the opponent calling BS, and if I had to deploy 30 orks just standing there to get chopped up I wouldn't bother with the rokk at all.  I just thought locking them inside for a turn would be fair.  Its easy enough to take out and then the orks would deploy from the wreck and on their turn they could act normally.  I would think a rokk would have a little better armor than a trukk too so that is way I bumped it up to 11 all around.  The real big diffference between this and a Drop pod is the capacity really, its trip so even at triple the cost is still under 100pt and I think the lack of guns and open topped and auto scatter make 75pt a fair call for the unit.

I wanna know what you all think, at this point I have abandoned the 7" attack when it lands. 

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »
if 30 space marines can assault out of a spaceship that just flew down from space on the same turn it lands, orks should get to from a big rock.

-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »
hhaha ok I agree

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2008, 09:18:46 PM »
Hi all
Are imperial armour data sheets aloud to use in the mega battle

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2008, 12:25:58 AM »
absolutely

-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2008, 12:38:50 PM »
You ladies want to try and meet up in person prior to the megabattle to discuss the finer points popping Alan's Baneblade?

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »
Don't worry even with the new Glancing rules for Armor I'm sure I'll destroy it through glancing hits like I do all of his other Tanks :)

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »
I think a in person meet would be good for all

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2008, 04:59:29 PM »
You ladies want to try and meet up in person prior to the megabattle to discuss the finer points popping Alan's Baneblade?

Yep, that's the biggest threat on the board.

I'll see you all at the meeting.  ::)
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2008, 05:46:29 PM »

Yep, that's the biggest threat on the board.

I'll see you all at the meeting.  ::)

Looks like I bruised someone's ego. lol

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »
let me know the day to come down and I'm there.  I may not pay attention but at least I'll be there smiling  ;).

Side note, this saturday is not good.  I have a family party that day, I could show up early morning but who wants to have a war council at 9 am on a saturday.