Author Topic: Armageddon: Chaos  (Read 25130 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Armageddon: Chaos
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
let me know the day to come down and I'm there.  I may not pay attention but at least I'll be there smiling  ;).

Side note, this saturday is not good.  I have a family party that day, I could show up early morning but who wants to have a war council at 9 am on a saturday.

Outside.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
Don't worry even with the new Glancing rules for Armor I'm sure I'll destroy it through glancing hits like I do all of his other Tanks :)

Hmm, I seem to remember you trying that last year, I'm still cleaning puppy bits off my tanks. No more glancing hits for you.

So what are you bringing this year? pups or pansies? ;D
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2008, 06:30:22 PM »
Don't worry even with the new Glancing rules for Armor I'm sure I'll destroy it through glancing hits like I do all of his other Tanks :)

Hmm, I seem to remember you trying that last year, I'm still cleaning puppy bits off my tanks. No more glancing hits for you.

Pansies with chains and slaves!

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2008, 12:03:27 AM »
You ladies want to try and meet up in person prior to the megabattle to discuss the finer points popping Alan's Baneblade?

Yep, that's the biggest threat on the board.

I'll see you all at the meeting.  ::)

Looks like I bruised someone's ego. lol

Nah.  Ignore me, I'd appreciate it.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:44 AM »
You were cleaning what remains off? Rob's Titan didn't leave much to clean up after, freaking Titan.

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 06:36:47 PM »
I have a quick question.  I was planning on making a few obelisks from the Bell of Lost Souls "Lords of battle" .pdf.  I wasn't going to go by their description of how to make them but is there any type of base line I should follow? IE: footprint, height stuff like that.  Or can I just make them as long as it is a reasonable size and shape?  Thanks in advance guys.

-K

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »

wow, someone knows how to procrastinate. dirty guardsmen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
I have a quick question.  I was planning on making a few obelisks from the Bell of Lost Souls "Lords of battle" .pdf.  I wasn't going to go by their description of how to make them but is there any type of base line I should follow? IE: footprint, height stuff like that.  Or can I just make them as long as it is a reasonable size and shape?  Thanks in advance guys.

-K

I would follow their dimensions.  Or bigger. ;)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »

-K

I would follow their dimensions.  Or bigger. ;)

Seconded.  Bigger is fine, smaller is not.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2008, 11:30:14 PM »
yea actual line of sight is big in 5th, so smaller is considered chessier.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
Anyone know when signups start?  I think we need to get the hype train moving.  Also, what is the plan for table / terrain?

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2008, 02:49:18 PM »
The sign-ups have begun! It seems that rumor of our megabattle has spread far and wide as I have received a few calls from people I don't know. I strongly encourage particiapants so sign up at the store as soon as possible to avoid it filling up on you. Only 5 have actually signed up so far, but I have a feeling it's going to fill up really fast.

Entrance fee is $30.00.

That includes a t-shirt and pizza lunch, same as like last year.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »
ok, I think that maybe we should try to organize a day that we can gather at battlegrounds to figure a little more solid distribution of things.  Like assets and maybe get a feel for a deployment time.  I could do any saturday as I figure that is the easiest for most of us to get to battlegrounds.

just a suggestion, nothing permentant but I think that the more we have planned for the less confusion we will cause on the big day.

Also I was just curious if anyone else thinks we should put some kind limit on the re-enforcement assest.  I mean just thinking about the abuse you could make of that one, the ability to bring a full unit back or even a super heavy.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
Hey ladies, I am going by BG Wednesday to help out with the tables.  Go and before / after we can chat a bit about the strategery.

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »
I'll be down there Tonight.  Since the Mega battle will be my first Apoc. game I wouldn't mind a little crash course in some of the finer points of this format.

-K