Author Topic: Battleground Events, Cheating, and You!  (Read 3263 times)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Re: Battleground Events, Cheating, and You!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
Question:
Why not name names when pointing out cheaters?

We should name them, but not in the way I did at the start of this thread.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2011, 02:02:49 AM »
I agree with chase. Leave it up to the staff to call  these real winners at little plasic army men games and they can have words. If some one seems to be a problem tell an organizer and if that organizer hears the same thing from several different people something is up.

So just play hard yet play fair its just a game in the end.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 12:54:03 PM »
The way the community handles it could be done better. I remember a few events back, some dude was a huge jerk and the rumors went around saying he was a dickhead from Dorkamorka

Just do you know, Dorkamorka (out of Watertown/Waltham) is a group of most fluffy, comp-happy, it's all about "beer and pretzels" guys you could ever meet.  They are not "competitive" is the standard way.  I don't mean that in bad way, it's just a different outlook.  They're interested in very different things than the hardcore, competitive crowd, and so to hear them getting a reputation, even if incredibly fleeting, as a pack of cheaters, seems very ironic and more than a little funny to me. 

There is one guy, there, or at least who shows up to some of their tournaments, who I have caught cheating several times, but everyone else is a lamb. 

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »
The way the community handles it could be done better. I remember a few events back, some dude was a huge jerk and the rumors went around saying he was a dickhead from Dorkamorka

Just do you know, Dorkamorka (out of Watertown/Waltham) is a group of most fluffy, comp-happy, it's all about "beer and pretzels" guys you could ever meet.  They are not "competitive" is the standard way.  I don't mean that in bad way, it's just a different outlook.  They're interested in very different things than the hardcore, competitive crowd, and so to hear them getting a reputation, even if incredibly fleeting, as a pack of cheaters, seems very ironic and more than a little funny to me. 

There is one guy, there, or at least who shows up to some of their tournaments, who I have caught cheating several times, but everyone else is a lamb. 

Yep and I know the guy you are talking about.  He isn't a Dorka guy but actually a tool from a different game club.