Author Topic: Vogen League Stuff  (Read 738 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Vogen League Stuff
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:04:17 PM »
[All of this has been added to the League thread]

Players planning to play in the Vogen map league that starts this coming Thursday...

It is highly encouraged for you to be at the store each Thursday night at 6:30pm during the 6 weeks that the league will run.  

If you cannot make it on a Thursday you MUST provide me with the following information before 6:00pm that Thursday.

- Before the first meeting you must roll 1d100 (if you fail to do this I will do it for you).  This number will dictate the order in which each player chooses his territory on the first night, higher is better.

- If you are unable to make a given week's meeting you must send me a list of 4 (or greater) territories that you wish to take.  They must be ranked in order with number 1 being the territory most preferred, 2 second most, etc.  

- If you are unable to make the FIRST meeting please provide me a list of 4 different starting areas as well as a list of your first 4 moves from each.  Please include as much information to me as possible if you can not be present on the first night of the league.  Contingency plans are encouraged.

If you fail to provide this information to me before each week one of your territories will be fortified as per the rules.

Please send an email titled "Battleground Vogen League Week [number] - [name] to ChaseLaq@gmail.com

Ex.  If I were emailing my moves for week 3 I would send and email titled "Battleground Vogen League Week 3 - Chase Laquidara".
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Vogen League Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:07:01 PM »
Also, to sign up simply call or talk to someone at the desk at any time from now until next Thursday at 6:30pm.

Please have your name, the army you plan to play, and the $20.00 entrance fee ready upon sign up.

Feel free to register over the phone.

All entrance fees will be paid out in prizes.  We will award the top finishers as well as other "cool" things.

Some of these "things" will be made public, others will be revealed upon conclusion of the league.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 12:08:55 AM »
With the league running, will we still be able to get in casual games on thursdays? Also, if some one can only do 1000 points, should they even bother signing up? Thanks a bunch.
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »
With the league running, will we still be able to get in casual games on thursdays? Also, if some one can only do 1000 points, should they even bother signing up? Thanks a bunch.
No one has to play on Thursday night, you just have to get your games in before every Thursday @ 6:30 PM.

It would be pretty cruel for an opponent to disagree to 1000 and default to the 2000 point army. I don't see that happening with the people I know, but I don't know everyone signing up.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:08:44 AM »
Then... i guess im in! i might need to borrow some broadsides, but i know where i might be able to borrow 1 or two from grumble all GW's fault, grumble waiting period for broadside.

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 10:59:55 PM »
how long has it been? because it took 2 months to get my Lord Kaldor Draigo in and this was a month or 2 after they were just released. think they would have had enough for people to go with their new army they just put a book out for.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
well, it was ordered on the day of the ard boyz semi's, and chase told me that there is still no progress.

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:52:39 PM »
every Wednesday i would go in and i was told it should be there on Friday. Friday would come and they would tell me maybe next week. Not the stores fault but just the opposite.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 12:22:48 AM »
oh yeah, i know, chase has no control, acutally he was awesome and went through a bunch of trouble and stuff to actually be able to get the order for me in the first place, its all GW's fault! CURSE YOUUUUU GW!!!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
Reminder, the Vogen league starts this Thursday!  :)

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 11:21:56 PM »
Witch Hunters? What do people think? Legal, not legal? Would people prefer DOA BA? Or, if things don't need painting, a very silly GK list?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 03:15:24 AM »
I am indifferent.  ForgeWorld lists are legal.  This is a bit different than that.

I would like to say the old book is fine until the end of the month, but that's pretty stupid considering it's a 6 week league.

If you would have no less fun playing something else, I'd say go with that in an effort to avoid any crying.

We can just vote or something before we make our first moves tomorrow.

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
I don't care what I play. Whatever people would have most fun playing against is good for me. The GK list is silly (and therefor fun), but has a lot of unpainted stuff. The BA list is well painted, but a pretty standard DOA list. Any preferences?