Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warhammer Fantasy Singles - 2500pt Tournament - 10/16  (Read 5430 times)

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
Re: [Plainville MA] Warhammer Fantasy Singles - 2500pt Tournament - 10/16
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 06:27:13 PM »
You are correct point denial is the name is of the game with that being said. If a point denial list gives up only 50 pts (a redirector or w/e) and the opponent only gives up 100 pts to me that is an extremely close game that encompasses point denial. Unfortunately this is double VP and a major victory/loss despite it being an extremely close game.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »
i like randomness.  It makes you adapt during the game.
i partially disagree, yes it theoretically makes you adapt but i think randomness just gives advantages to some armies or builds. although i highly suspect that our differences of opinion stem largely from our respective armies.

What i would like to see though is VP modifiers.  like get a unit in the enemies zone or killing their most exp unit or killing their general.   These things can allow a player who lost one game to gain more points as well to still keep them competitive.  
totally agree here, battle modifiers would be great, different ones for each scenario would be cool.

Point denial is part of 8th edition.  so i disagree about your argument against the point spread for allowing major victory vice minor victory.
i counter-disagree lol. the possibility existed for you to get a massacre without being able to clinch a major victory, which is a bit strange. and i believe that the point spread between major and minor unnecessarily penalizes armies who rely on using supporting units to divert a particular unit that they have no means of dealing with.

regardless, I will show up to the next event whatever the rules or scenarios, fantasy tourneys don't happen often enough as it is!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:27:28 PM by brother_maynard »

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
Thanks for the feedback to this point, guys.  It's very valuable.

I am very, very open to ways things can be "done better."

When it comes to WHFB I do not know much at all, and know even less about the tournament scene and how players like events to be run.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what does everyone think of the scoring system that adepticon uses?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
I like how they score 40k very much.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel