Author Topic: 1500 points tau, any advice?  (Read 2116 times)

steelforge

• Heroic Tier Level 2
Re: 1500 points tau, any advice?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »
Thank you very much!

Tharcil

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 12:27:26 PM »

Why Plasma/Missile=Fail
While Plasma/Missile is nice as it grants close up fire and ranged shots it is a horrible idea no matter what the Internet tells you.
This is why.  The number of attacks makes up for the poor ballistics and non-twinlinking right?
NOPE!  It just makes your opponent happy as they can stack the auto-killing plasma on one dude and make saves for the missiles.
You lose when your enemy makes saves.  ESPECIALLY if they have FNP.  A save they don’t make is the best kind.

Lol, sick of my 5 mans squad of Blood angels only losing 2 guy when you inflict 4 plasma and 3 missile wounds much?  Glad that the lessons on wound allocation stuck with you!

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 11:33:30 PM »
thank you all for the great advice! I am currently in the testing phase, seeing what all the units do, and how they work, but it is nice to have to not learn some lessons the hard way. Had my first real game against wes's necrons at 1500 points, and after a VERY long and see sawing game, i was able to pull off a win, but to wes's credit, he went down swinging!

PS reminder to self STOP ASSAULTING with your tau.
Tau theme song, "jump around"