Author Topic: Tale of X Gamers Abington  (Read 12302 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: Tale of X Gamers Abington
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 08:18:03 PM »
In my opinion you should definitely NOT end the first period at the end of March.  3 months to work on something means players will lose interest / forget about it.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
Ok final details I would like to flush out:

When we start in January should we end: In middle of March or End of March?

How much time between rounds?

Is a 250 point increase a reasonable amount inbetween rounds or should it be more?

When we end it should the armies be at 1500 or 2000? How long do we want this to go?

When we start Ide like to take photos of each player and what they have at the time for their respective armies. I will make a Spread sheet for every one  Any objections?

Finaly BG Plainville has a 40k Club.

My two cents, times more... Here's a dollar, let's go.

I would end the first round sooner rather than later. If someone is lagging behind with their 1000, 250 per month would allow that person to catch up easy peasy.

I'd say one month and 250 points between rounds, after the initial 1000 period is complete.

I like Ian's sentiment. Go for the gold, 2000 point armies.

I avoid using the word "club" when it comes to Plainville... unless there actually is a club I don't know about. I have a strong personal disdain for the "club" concept, who's in, who's out, all that.

Randl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
Ok final details I would like to flush out:

When we start in January should we end: In middle of March or End of March?

How much time between rounds?

Is a 250 point increase a reasonable amount inbetween rounds or should it be more?

When we end it should the armies be at 1500 or 2000? How long do we want this to go?

How many people are going to participate? Namely so I can change the X in X Gamers to a number.

When we start Ide like to take photos of each player and what they have at the time for their respective armies. I will make a Spread sheet for every one  Any objections?

Finaly BG Plainville has a 40k Club. I think this tale of X gamers would be a good way to start one in Abington. I would like to keep 40k going once all is said and done. Any thoughts?

How about first round ending at the end of Feb. That should give us 2 months to get started and settled. I would love for us to have "at least" a month between rounds. Perhaps if we do a longer time we try to do mid round updates.

I think 250 points a round is perfect.

Lets try for 2k points with the possibility to extend to more in the future

If this is the official signup count me in.

I think someone keeping us honest is a great idea. thanks for coming up with this.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:45:00 PM by Randl »

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
Ok this is good imput.

Chase is right we can become complaicent with more than 1 month. 1 should be sufficient.

So we Start Jan 1st end the first week of Feb

We will have the First week of Feb to show the fully painted models and play games you have a week after to complete any unfinished stuff to get the late points.

Second round would start the second week of Feb if you have late stuff during that week we can take the photos and score the points

We are definently doing 250 more points after each round

ok so no club. I would like something in place like this so that Abington keeps a 40k community going.

Any other edits, thoughts, complaints?

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »
if no club then you should call it the warhammer 40k cult of abington, or abington warhammer 40k coven, or warhammer 40k sect abington chapter.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
No club, please. Let's all just be part of the community.
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
No club, please. Let's all just be part of the community.

Yup.

King of the Elves

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 11:28:36 PM »
Ok this is good imput.

Chase is right we can become complaicent with more than 1 month. 1 should be sufficient.

We will have the First week of Feb to show the fully painted models and play games you have a week after to complete any unfinished stuff to get the late points.

Second round would start the second week of Feb if you have late stuff during that week we can take the photos and score the points

ok so no club. I would like something in place like this so that Abington keeps a 40k community going.

1 month to get done 1K worth of troops a little too soon mabey do 500 points in feb 500 points in march then 250 each month

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2011, 12:05:45 AM »
I like the sound of that.

King of the Elves

« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
It would keep everyone active yet still meet our "deadline", so to speak.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »
Ok this is good imput.

1 month to get done 1K worth of troops a little too soon mabey do 500 points in feb 500 points in march then 250 each month

The only problem with this is it will take longer to get the event done. Is every one ok with that?

King of the Elves

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2011, 02:33:37 AM »
Ok this is good imput.

The only problem with this is it will take longer to get the event done. Is every one ok with that?

Sounds good to me, rather have it take a little longer than have people loose interest in a good great idea.  But that's just me.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2011, 02:41:09 AM »
Fair enough what say every one else? Roll back to 500 to start?

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2011, 03:37:00 AM »
I'm in. So 500 for each of the first 2 months then 250 a month after?  That works for me

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »
I'm in. So 500 for each of the first 2 months then 250 a month after?  That works for me

same.
beep bop boop