Author Topic: tuesday 12/20  (Read 2739 times)

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Re: tuesday 12/20
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »
i hate bloodforests. i had one move and land right on top of a level 2 caster and a unit of horrors. this prohibited either from casting again in my turn and in my opponents turn he targetted my level 2 with a spell that made the forest eat him and a bunch of horrors. when we rolled up the scatter the stupid thing barely moved and continued to eat horrors for another turn.

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »
Ouch... that doesn't sound like fun.

We had one odd question though, when the forest moves, I get that you're supposed to use the scatter die and 2d6 for distance... but what do you do if the scatter die comes up as "hit"?

We ruled it that it just moved in the direction of the more black arrow on the hit icon, but I don't think either of us had ever seen one move before, so we weren't sure if it just stuck around instead.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 02:59:32 PM »
We had the same situation and ruled the same way. It isn't specified what to do in case of a hit so we took that to brag it doesn't happen

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »
It was a fun game and I am very glad you had fun Steve. 
Very dicey, but that is how it is when the game gets going.  I have never gotted the enfeeble + curse of the leper combo off, it was just very high rolls for me on both casts.   

We didnt try the scen as Steve was fair new and they are a bit complicated.  Maybe next week. 

Frosthydra

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 03:26:48 PM »
Oh yeah, it was a lot of fun!

Like I said, I was expecting to wipe out half of my army on my own, so I actually did better than expected.  You killed off most of it instead of me!  :P

I'm up for trying whatever next time, if you bring scenarios, I'd be all for trying one out.
Reality is a cruel and unintuitive place with rather frustrating game-play mechanics.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »
What are they for if you don't mind me asking

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
They are some of the ones we will use a Temple con.  I'm trying to change it up from the same set.   I think 3 will be used at the next BG tourney for fantasy.  They'll be posted ahead of time so everyone can plan accordingly.