Author Topic: Journeyman League! Abington! March 1 Start!  (Read 18917 times)

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Re: Journeyman League! Abington! March 1 Start!
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »
Can you be under the 12 points for week one? If yes then what's the most you can be down by?

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »
For funsies I was making 12 pt lists for my various unpainted Cygnar casters (Haley, Seige, eCaine, eNemo, eStryker), and most of the time the more "sensible" selections were only 11pts... It was hard when restraining myself to 'jacks I already owned but were unpainted.  It got a lot easier when I said, I could buy a new Cyclone, or a Minuteman or Avenger (are they out yet?)

Anyway, it should be like a 10-12 point to start.  Leaving a couple points on the table for week one shouldn't be a big deal.

Jon, you still starting with Magnus?  What 'jacks you thinking about using?

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Building and Painting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
@jon: I'm just leaving it at a max of 12pts for your opening Battlegroup.

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 04:06:55 PM »
@Sean: Alright. I was playing with some Ret lists too, but making a 12pt battlegroup I like is tough since the new jack kit won't be out until we're two weeks into the league.

@Nate: He's the front runner, but I am considering a couple Ret casters as options too. Mercs are tough because I don't really want to buy too much beyond what I already own (which is the battle box and a Vanguard). I was mainly thinking I'd use the league as motivation to paint up units for my main armies. Things like Nyss Hunters and Kayazy Assassins/Eliminators. I think I would like to maybe get a Nomad, and I pretty much have to buy Dougal MacNaile.

I want to do Ret partly because their one of my main armies to whatever I do here for the army is 100% productive, and I'd get more experience with the army I have the least experience with.

My problem with them is twofold though. 1) The warjacks I want to use primarily won't be out until the 14th of March which means I'd potentially have to buy more models I currently don't want to start the league. I don't love that idea. 2) Ret infantry is really good so my model count would probably be higher than if I did Mercs.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »
Well, from what I've seen of your Cygnar and Khador, either Ret or Mercs will look fantastic!  The angry elf side of me says do Ret... but the Mercs are always useful for most of your factions so it might be most practical to do them.

My vote is still Retribution though.  Come on, angry elves... besides like you said, it'll be good practice!

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 02:34:01 PM »
Nate, we hope for June for the Avenger.  Minuteman I believe is coming out in April.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 07:36:41 PM »
Thanks!

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 08:29:25 PM »
Looks like the Minuteman is in May. Sorry guys...

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »
The Warstore lists the Minuteman as April 11th. If I have to wait until May for it there will be blood in the streets. Seriously, I'm so fucking sick of waiting for the Wrath release schedule to wrap up. Its locked in for at least 18 months now which is bonkers when you consider there were only 6-8 entries per faction. PP claims that all the Wrath models will be out before Colossals is released in June/July but it seems pretty impossible.

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 11:23:24 PM »
Yeah. They said that the Domination releases will cross over into the Colossals release schedule for a couple of months. SONS OF BRAGG!

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
I'm fine with Domination and Colossals crossing paths since they have to support both games at roughly the same time. Plus I really want my Winter Argus and Scarsfell Griffon. At least I get Ghetorix and Gallows Groves over the next few weeks.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »
And Ghetorix does look really cool... Hopefully the minuteman won't be too far away, since we already saw a picture of the complete model (usually close to release, right?)... Avenger is probably a way's off though.  I did see that WIP picture, which looked great!

Any word on if Minutman is a one off metal or Plastic?  or an omnijack kit for Hunter/Grenadier/Minuteman?

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
It is its own jack.

The kit as sold strictly as minuteman.

jfoodmaster

• Paragon Tier Level 12
  • For the United Kriels!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2012, 05:07:14 PM »
And, it'll be plastic. I think they're just about done with metal jacks.

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
At $23.99 I seriously hope it isn't plastic.