Author Topic: Possible Vamp list  (Read 2976 times)

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Possible Vamp list
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »
after 2 games, here is the revised list I am thinking...

2500 Pts - Vampire Counts Roster

Strigoi Ghoul King
      1 Sword of Anti Heroes
      1 Book of Arkhan
      1 Dragonbane Gem
      1 The Other Trickster's Shard
      1 Red Fury
      1 Aura of Dark Majesty

Necromancer level 2
      1 Dispel Scroll
      1 Opal Amulet

Cairn Wraith

Vampire bsb heavy armor sh.
      1 Biting Blade
      1 Dragonhelm
      1 Power Stone
      1 Seed of Rebirth
      1 Forbidden Lore
      1 Beguile

Crypt Ghouls 30 Champ

Crypt Ghouls 29 Champ

Zombie Horde 24

Crypt Horrors 6

Spirit Host x2

Mortis Engine

Mortis Engine

Varghulf

Fell Bats 2x2

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: Possible Vamp list
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »
Your very light on magic and magic defense. I think lizard men will give you a really hard time.

I'm so smart! I just thought of the ultimate screw vampires item. The hex scroll.

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
Yeah my list is screwed with the hex scroll.  Issue I saw on both games was either you throw a ton of dice at one spell, or you throw a few at a few.  Maybe I cast 3 spells in 2 games.  Not a single invoc got off with the lvl 4.
You are right, even if just for keeping the def up, a lvl 4 is pretty clutch.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »
i think you'll get on ok without the level 4. the scroll and regen bubbles should help you weather the nastier magic until you get into CC, and the raising really isn't too important to a list as resilient as yours anyway. still thinking beasts on the baby vamp?

i think jake's right about lizards though, lore of light party slann is going to be your problem child  lol. but i haven't been to enough events in the area to know if there's a decent chance you'll run into one or not. i'll definitely take another crack at it with my slaanesh stripper circus now that i have some idea of target priority and matchups (keeper vs ghoul king = no go  ;D).

so far i think its solid, just gotta keep getting games in to work out the match ups and what not. maybe jake's double firebelly ogres would be a good testing ground?

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 01:51:01 PM »
My last game was against spell eater anvil flaming cannon dwarves... About as bad amatchup as I could get.  My engines both died turn 2, and my invoc on the lvl 4 was eaten the same turn... Still it was close and came down to my lord needing 1 5+ regen on 3 dice and failing, otherwise It would have been very close.
On the plus side, my un healed crypt horros soaked up about 6+ cannonballs and still had 3 models to fight.
But you are right, I just need to keep playing and figuring the fine tuning out. 

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 02:07:04 PM »
ouch, i'm sorry dude, i laughed out loud when i read that. that game sounded HEINOUS. not surprised about the crypt horrors though, that unit is a workhorse.

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 02:16:25 PM »
I knew the engines were in trouble, but one blowing up actually caused the last would to the other.
The player was good so it might have been a bit more to the middle, but overall, the list might have won despite the set backs. 
I did learn I need the varg in my list cause bats are not even close to war machine hunters.  More like WM delayers lol.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »
especially vs dwarfs. who ever heard of an elite artillery crew anyway?

Rhys- "dude, i hate your cannons."
Dwarf player- "i know, killing your greater daemon turn 2 like that, thats rough."
Rhys- "no man, i can handle that. its the fact that they also killed 2 solo fiends and 3 nurgling bases...in close combat...wtf?"
Dwarf player- "so what are you saying?"
Rhys- "I'M SAYING YOUR DWARFS ARE F**KING FILTH!"

Khrimson Death

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
^ hahahahaha :)

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
Slight variation.  This will be my LL list I think:

For 15 points beguile is stupid good. best stuff in the game has a 50/50 chance of rerolling hits on the lord.  Good for saving him against getting possibly punked by a single model/monster.

Strigoi Ghoul King
      1 Sword of Anti Heroes
      1 Dragonbane Gem
      1 The Other Trickster's Shard
      1 Red Fury
      1 Beguile

Master Necromancer lvl 3
      1 Black Periapt

Cairn Wraith

Vampire (baby)
Heavy Armour; Shield
      1 Dragonhelm
      1 Dispel Scroll
      1 Seed of Rebirth
      1 Forbidden Lore- beasts lvl 1

Crypt Ghouls 28 champ

Crypt Ghouls 29 champ

Zombie Horde 22 Banner mus

6 Crypt Horrors

Spirit Host x2

Mortis Engine
Mortis Engine

Varghulf

Fell Bats 2x2

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 09:49:07 PM »
I like it because it stays close to your original build but has the level 3. Black periapt is a great item, especially considering that you don't have much casting in the early game. How has the varghulf performed?

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »
That was my thinking.  It basically gives me the ability help shut down super strong magic and against weak magic, really bump up the dice. 
It stays with my mostly feral theme (a few ethereals because why not)

I haven't used him yet in this book, but in the last book he was great.  For me, he replaces bats and dogs as warmachine hunters/chaff killers, he can kill things like cav if he gets a good charge and he can toss in a fight to turn the tide (flank + his attacks, possibly stomps).  And he gives a 4th cannonball target as well  As a Vamp, he doesn't crumble and can march around one flank and cause trouble.

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 12:58:47 PM »
I like this list a lot, but let's talk about the possibility of adding vargeists.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »
i don't know, i think he'd have to change the entire concept of the list in order to squeeze vargheists in. is it stands right now, its more of a tank that lumbers forward under the protection of the engines and uses massed poison, regen, and the vampires to win the grind (or so i envision, ignore me if this isn't how the list works!). if he adds vargheists, it will be a small-ish unit for war machine hunting and flanking support, not really something i'd entrust to a frenzied, low LD (7 maybe?) unit. and if you use a decent sized unit, they're going to want to be flying around smashing stuff, not tethered to a mortis engine regen bubble. not sure how well it would work, but yes it would be insanely cool. i'm really loving the possibilities that the new book has given to feral themed strigoi armies like josh's.

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »
I was thinking they could fill the same roll as a vargulf. I just want them to be beter! They look so Damn cool.