Author Topic: Gamenight.net WFB tournament March 31  (Read 2814 times)

Typhon000

• Email
Re: Gamenight.net WFB tournament March 31
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 01:08:56 PM »
Okay, so Brother Maynard, I talked to the guys. They have agreed to get rid of the LoS rules and weird stuff like that, but a 5 dice cap will still be placed on magic. I havent heard from your guys in NH, so if they still want to play, please have them email me ASAP so i can make sure i have the slots available. There are still 4 left. Anywho, since everyone here knows the scenarios we will be playing, I figured I'd post them here for you guys as well. They are as follows.

Scenario #1: Stand Your Ground!
Battlefield:  Terrain will be set up by a GNN staff member.
Deployment: As per BattleLine. Players roll a dice to see which side of the table they will deploy on. The winner of the roll picks his/her tableside by placing the first unit down.
First Turn: The person who finishes deploying first adds a +1 to their roll to determine who goes first.
Game Length: The game lasts 6 turns.
Victory Conditions: Have 100 or more victory points than your opponents total at the end of the game. Consult the ETC battle point chart.
Scenario Special Rules: There will be 3 objectives placed at the beginning of the game. These represent specific points your army is trying to capture (artefacts, warpstone, food, what have you.). One objective is first placed directly in the center of the table. The other two are placed in the center of the battlefield, halway from the center objective and the table edge.
   After these objectives are placed, roll 2d6 and the scatter dice for each. This is where the objective has ended up.
   On turn 3, the objectives scatter again. Roll 3d6 and the scatter to see where they have now ended up. They will remain there for the rest of the game.
   Objectives are worth 300 VP each. To capture an objective, you must have more wounds than your opponent within 6” of the objective marker by the end of the game.
Bonus BP:
Control at least 2 out of the three objectives at the end of the game. +1
Your opponent controls zero of the objectives at the end of the game. +1
Kill your opponents highest cost unit. +1
Have your highest cost unit alive at the end of the game. +1
Determining Battle Points:
0-150 Victory-Points difference - 10-10
151-300 - 11-9
301-450 - 12-8
451-600 - 13-7
601-750 - 14-6
751-900 – 15-5
901-1050 – 16-4
1051-1200- 17-3
1201-1350- 18-2
1351-1500-19-1
1500+ - 20/0
Name VS. Name ___________________________
VP Spread __________________________
BP From VP _________________________
BP Modifiers: __+___________VS__+______________
Total BP: _____________________________________

Did your opponent lead you to have a terrible war hammer experience overall? (Do not let your opponents army or play style affect your decision. Only vote “Yes” if they were unenjoyable to play with.)
                                    YES               N
Scenario #2: Messengers
Battlefield:  Terrain will be set up by a GNN staff member.
Deployment: As per BattleLine. Players roll a dice to see which side of the table they will deploy on. The winner of the roll picks his/her tableside by placing the first unit down.
First Turn: The person who finishes deploying first adds a +1 to their roll to determine who goes first.
Game Length: The game lasts 6 turns.
Victory Conditions: Have 100 or more victory points than your opponents total at the end of the game. Consult the ETC battle point chart.
Scenario Special Rules: Each player, at the end of deployment will place down 3 models on 20-25 mm bases. These models will be there messengers with the following stats.
M4 WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD 10 : Unbreakable, 4+ Ward Save.
   In this scenario you will be trying to exit your messengers off of the other side of the table in order to get a message to your army trapped behind enemy lines. Each messenger that makes it off the board on the other side is worth +300 VP. Messengers may charge and be charged, but are immune to magic of all kinds. (Yes that means augments!!).

Bonus BP:
At least 2 of your messengers made it safely off the board. +1
All 3 of your opponents messengers are dead. +1
Have a messenger be in a combat, survive, and make it off the board. +1
Slay a messenger in your deployment zone. +1
151-300 - 11-9
301-450 - 12-8
451-600 - 13-7
601-750 - 14-6
751-900 – 15-5
901-1050 – 16-4
1051-1200- 17-3
1201-1350- 18-2
1351-1500-19-1
1500+ - 20/0

Did your opponent lead you to have a terrible war hammer experience overall? (Do not let your opponents army or play style affect your decision. Only vote “Yes” if they were unenjoyable to play with.)
                                    YES               NO

Scenario #3: Battle for the Black Tower
Battlefield:  Terrain will be set up by a GNN staff member. Choose a piece of terrain to represent the black tower and place it directly in the center of the battlefield.
Deployment: As per watchtower. Players roll to see who controls the tower, winner may place a single core unit of 20 or less models with NO CHARACTERS in the tower. The person who gains control of the tower and places a unit within it counts as deploying first. If he/she does not have a unit to place, roll off to see who deploys first.
First Turn: The person who lost the roll for the tower goes first.
Game Length: Unlike the watch tower scenario from the BRB, the game lasts 6 turns.
Scenario Special Rules: The Black Tower counts as both a watch tower, and Temple of Skulls: At the start of the players turn, a character or champion within the tower or within 6” may choose to embrace the Black Tower’s gifts. If he does, roll a d6. 2-6: One random charachteristic is increased by d3. On a 1, the tower takes his soul and adds it to its power. The character/champion is removed as a casualty. Whoever controls the tower at the end of the game (Ie, has more total wounds in, or within 6” of the tower) gains +1,000 VP.
Bonus BP:
Control the Black Tower at the end of the game. +1
Drink the powers of the Black tower at least 3 times, without having a character killed. +1
Your opponents general is dead at the end of the game. +1
Force a unit out of the black tower. (or destroy one within it.)+1
151-300 - 11-9
301-450 - 12-8
451-600 - 13-7
601-750 - 14-6
751-900 – 15-5
901-1050 – 16-4
1051-1200- 17-3
1201-1350- 18-2
1351-1500-19-1
1500+ - 20/0

YES               NO

Typhon000

• Email
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who made it out, we appreciate the competetion.  Hope to see you guys out at the next one!!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 04:38:24 AM »
Results?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
i took best overall, nate carne took best general with his tomb kings and josh rosado took best painted with his beastmen.

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »
Congratulations.

Typhon000

• Email
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 11:32:02 PM »
I'd like to note that I would not have taken best painted if Rhys had not already won best overall.  ::)