Author Topic: Possible Infinity Tournament?  (Read 1729 times)

Urzu4

• Email
Possible Infinity Tournament?
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
I apologize if this is the wrong spot to post (If it is please move to the appropriate section).  I had an idea which I got from my local game store back in NY, there is a new game out called infinity which looks fairly interesting and I was wondering if there was anyway to run a small tournament with just starter sets so people can get into the game? (i believe each starter set is like 150 pts)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: Possible Infinity Tournament?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:01:21 PM »
This is as far as Infinity has been discussed.
http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=3974.15

There is some interest, but BG is only just getting the rulebooks and starter packs.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
If this happend I would def be interested if it is starter boxes only. I really know only the basic rules and that is all my brain has room for at the moment.

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:21:17 PM »
Don't think started boxes are good idea; as not all the boxes are the same points value.  The Sectorial and Aleph starters are around 150-170 points each; the Combined Army is close to 200 points and the generic faction starters are at about 115.

I think a 200 point tournament would be a better starting point.

Here are some 300 pints lists that CB created with a starter box and  3-4 blisters.  They are not that expensive.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/2011/access/infinity-getting-started/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:14:39 PM by Asuran83 »
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:07:15 AM »
I have no plans for an Infinity tournament in the foreseeable future.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel