Author Topic: New Wargamer here!  (Read 1807 times)

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Re: New Wargamer here!
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »
The winner of the last BG Singles tournament Painting Award has been painting minis for only two years. Success does need some talent, but it's more time and dedication.

Plus, soaking a model in Simple Green strips paint off. So don't be afraid to make mistakes. :)

protoRocker

• Hi all, I'm Ryan!
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
Plus, soaking a model in Simple Green strips paint off. So don't be afraid to make mistakes. :)

So that answers my next question, I guess, which is Is it normal to repaint armies? Like if I suddenly decided I wanted my models to be Imperial Fists instead of a chapter of my own design.

Also, tomorrow is your 40k night, right?

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
So that answers my next question, I guess, which is Is it normal to repaint armies? Like if I suddenly decided I wanted my models to be Imperial Fists instead of a chapter of my own design.
Entire armies? I suppose you could. But for most people, they'll spend enough time painting one army that painting all over again seems... daunting. I have one friend who has painted his Marines in neutral colors, to allow him to play whichever codex he feels like, without confusing his opponents. "But they looked like Blood Angels!"

Also, tomorrow is your 40k night, right?
Indeed. Open to all, come by and introduce yourself.

protoRocker

• Hi all, I'm Ryan!
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »
I'll definitely be by tonight, though I've only really finished one piece so far, so I don't know about actually playing. You'll know me by my sweet mustache.