Author Topic: Modeling night?  (Read 20695 times)

Grand Master Steve

Modeling night?
« on: July 06, 2008, 07:13:50 PM »
I was wondering if the store set aside some time and table space for modeling on weekend since sometimes fridays and saturdays magic players kick us painters off the tables  :-[ Also what about making more terrain for the store. The ruined city stuff is nice but what ever happened to the snow world, the desert? I thought we could make a deamon world using rods to make "floating" terrain and make a deamon gate peice with that disc i got a while back.

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
Re: Modeling night?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:25:51 PM »
More terrain for the store would be awesome.  I'm guessing an issue has been sustainable interest for a terrain/painting club.  I'm probably wrong but I've seen interest flare up before with a lot of hype and then die out.  Someone who has been at the store longer can comment on that.

If more terrain was made it'd be really nice. I know there's the Egypt stuff already that could be expanded (yay Tomb Kings).
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
i know that i have some stuff im working on terrain wise, i plan on giving to the store

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:48:48 AM »
A terrain club is so long overdue at Battleground, I don't even know what to say about it. We've talked several times about getting one going but it needs dedication from someone other than just me. A trio of leaders with good organizational skills in addition to terrain-making skills would be fantastic. I would be a very active participant in a club that gets going, but running the store needs to remain top priority for me. As such, there will often be nights that I am unable to donate my time.

Of course, Battleground would cover the cost of all terrain made for the store, and I have some nice ideas on rewards for consistent participants in the club.

People who feel like they would like to participate should post here in this thread. At the moment I think that Monday nights or Thursday nights would be the most conducive for productivity at the store. The goings-on for those two nights should not be disruptive to terrain club meetings.

D.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 02:55:41 AM »
Do I hear Steve volunteering?   This is something interesting to me but I know I don't have the time, or skills, to regularly dedicate.  I'd be willing to partake on a semi-semi-regular basis though doing odd-jobs and basic (i.e. unskilled) tasks to assist.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »
I would, as always, love to participate.  My terrain making skills are on par with my painting skills though, so hopefully I'd be able to improve enough with a little practice to make good pieces.  :P
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 02:25:14 PM »
I have monday nights availible, Rich and I tried to do painting nights on mondays but someone had college or some stuff.

I have the ability to get lots of cardboard from work (WB Mason Boxes) and would be willing to donate some for the cause

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »
A terrain club is an excellent idea.  Time is what is lacking most for me, I am afraid.  But a rotating terrain club I may be able to help out.

If there is a core to the club with members meeting on a regular basis while people like myself helping out every other session, could work.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 08:07:04 PM »
Yeah ide volunteer but the problem is I got a conflicting schedual. Im ony usualy availbale friday and Saturday nights.  :-\ but otherwise yeah ide definently volunteer to lead the way i guess os the way to say it.

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »
I would love to see a terrain night but with all the things I currently have going on I can not dedicate a reasonable amount of time to it.
I also am not experienced at building terrain.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Terran related
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »
I grabbed some funky bendable track from work and thought it'd be great terran, so I'm gonna give it to the store. It'd be either a metal hallway-type thing, or an entrenchment of some kind. Someone remind me it's in the car though please.   ::)
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 11:35:22 PM »
Does it count if I remind you now?  Lord knows i won't remember when I actually see you.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 01:57:11 AM »
Sooooooooo are we going to try for a terrain night then? im confused.

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 02:04:54 AM »
I think the answer is yes but the problem is nobody, who is interested, can commit to a night to do this on a regular basis.  And, on top of that, the willing do not have the skills but are eager to help in any way possible and to learn.

Hope I summed things up properly.  Does this answer your question Steve?  /me hopes

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »
I am a quick study when it comes to techniqe. Any way if Friday or Saturday is used FNM doesnt take up the back room so maybe the club could gather there? I really want to get some more terrain made up but my scedual is very restricting since I work so much.  :(