Author Topic: Next warhammer tournament?  (Read 9087 times)

Bkyle

• Heroic Tier Level 2
Re: Next warhammer tournament?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 10:38:23 AM »
 One thing I have thought of :  what would people think of a Warhammer mixer of sorts?
This is what I mean.  Every shows up with 2 1250 lists.  Teams are randomly matched and between the team, they pick what lists to use for the whole event. 
The 2 lists are to help the issue of "we both brough lvl 4's". Which screws folks at that point level. 
 I think this might help newer players feel more comfortable with a teammate, and get the community to meet each other.

I think that would be a very fun way to play a one day event.  

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
That's a good idea king.  When people sign in just designate veteran or rookie.  Pairings start with all the rookies getting paired with a pro and any left over people just paired randomly.

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
i myself prefer the more competitive format of 2400-2500 pt singles, but i think josh's mixer idea will be better for the community in the long run so i will support that idea. perhaps when players register, they get divided into 2 groups based on experience level. on the day of, everyone draws their partner from the other group. this will obviously take a bit of judgment from the TO to stop keith from trying to get into the inexperienced group ( ;D) but i think pairing new players with more experienced ones is a great idea.

however, team games do take longer than singles. you can easily do 2500 pt games in 2:30 rounds with singles but not a team game. i think we'll have to start significantly earlier than the usual 11-noon timeframe.

Khrimson Death

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
as per mr. maynards previous retorts, def. a noob right here. . i would take the day off for such a gathering

Zombie1701

• Email
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
I really like the idea so a Pro-Am 1250 tourny.  Very unique and interesting idea. Plus it it solves the odd number problem as you can have a swing player either play two 1250 or get matched up with another player.  Apr 22nd is no go for me but if it's another day I would come.

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
Lets be honest Kieth should be in the amateur group if he brings any army other then his 'I win rocket' skaven

And if I don't have my easy mode Ogres them I'm a total noob...

Seriously, it could be fun. I would be willing to do something like this.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »
I totally think it could be awesome.

I will totally bring High Elves (I tend to think Skaven can be really insane at lower points)

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
so here's some ideas on rules to make things a little easier/mitigate some of the craziness, what do you guys think?

teams use the trusted allies rules
no bsb's
one player's general gets the inspiring presence rule (general's LD bubble)
the other player's general gets the hold your ground rule (bsb re-roll)
maybe drop the hierophant crumble rule for TK as it could really screw them at this point level? possibly vamps as well?

these are mostly to just encourage integration between teams to prevent the "we're playing two separate games of warhammer on this table." thoughts?

King of the Elves

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 10:07:34 PM »
what does 2,3,and 4 mean/ do?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:08:18 AM by King of the Elves »

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 11:37:52 PM »
so here's some ideas on rules to make things a little easier/mitigate some of the craziness, what do you guys think?

teams use the trusted allies rules
no bsb's
one player's general gets the inspiring presence rule (general's LD bubble)
the other player's general gets the hold your ground rule (bsb re-roll)
maybe drop the hierophant crumble rule for TK as it could really screw them at this point level? possibly vamps as well?

these are mostly to just encourage integration between teams to prevent the "we're playing two separate games of warhammer on this table." thoughts?

love it

Khrimson Death

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 05:20:09 AM »
I think it will help army composition aswell because the lower ld armies will not be trying to cram in a bsb and a lord level charater to get the ld9 and re roll some armies have to have to survive.

Hankin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »
I totally agree Rhys.  Those changes would be awesome and keep the lists fun.  Crumble might still be needed as it those armies version of panicing off the table...

Khrimson Death

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
maybe just have the tomb kings contol change over to another caster with the lore of nehek just like the vamps and lore of vampires. . . or change contol to a prince / king since they dont normally have magic available to them

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 03:34:33 PM »
I don't think tomb kings or vampire counts need any extra rules. Keeping your hyrophant alive is part of the challenge of the army. Like anamosity for orcs, movment for dwarfs, ect.

I like the idea of general and BSB. I think we should make this happen.

Khrimson Death

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 06:47:16 PM »
yeah, It is glaring that after the new VC book came out and they addressed the problem that the tomb kings got the proverbial SHAFT in that particular front