Author Topic: Activity Level?  (Read 1709 times)

Zero

• Email
Activity Level?
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:12:22 PM »
So I'm looking to really get into this hobby but outside of 3-4 friends that live in the same area not that many people play.  I'm looking for a place that I can play against fresh armies and maybe even a tourney or two?  How often do you guys have tourney's, has it been just the starter one or have there been others?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: Activity Level?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »
well the starter tourney was the first in a couple months to be honest.  Tournaments can be setup as players see fit, provided its not conflicting with other set events.

Also we have a good set of regular players that each have a few different armies.  Ian and Matt are two  guys that both know alot about that game and are regularly down at the store. 

What faction are you currently into??

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
There are about 10 - 12 who have armies and play. Of them, maybe 4 - 6 play regularly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

The vast majority of the players are in their mid-twenties with 9-5 jobs. Some are married and some have kids. Because of all this real life crap, things aren't always as active as we'd all like. However, the last tournament was great and I'm sure well be doing more in the near future.

Anyway, we have a really great group with some strong players and friendly opponents. I'd recommend coming in on Tuesday or Wednesday for a few games.
beep bop boop

Paul Calder

• Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 01:58:09 AM »
I'm always looking for random games.  Wednesday is always packed with warmachine players, but other days, it can be difficult to find someone to play.
"All Hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster"...rAmen