Author Topic: Abington challenge thread  (Read 1948 times)

King of the Elves

Abington challenge thread
« on: May 09, 2012, 01:00:37 AM »
Hey everyone I noticed there was a challenge thread for WHFB in Plainville, so I thought "Why not for Abington?" so here it is! As for what's the best day for WHFB in abington I have seen the most games being played on saturdays or sundays, but I'm not there that often during the week so it could change. With the Blood in the Badlands campaign going on I have noticed a LOT more WHFB players out there and a lot of people want to play games, thats where this post comes in. If you want to play a game, watch a game, or even talk about WHFB in Abington, please post here. Thanks a ton & I really hope this thread takes off! Thanks,
  Dylan

King of the Elves

Re: Abington challenge thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 03:10:35 AM »
To kinda "kick-start" this topic, I will be in Abington on Friday (the 11th) from about 6-10:30 with 2500 points of wood elves in tow, anyone feel tough enough to take on the mighty archers of the woods!!? /gauntlet has been thrown

King of the Elves

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 03:44:05 AM »
Hey everyone! I'll be able to play a game today (friday) with 1000 points of woodies if anyone wants to throw down. I'll get there around 6ish and leaving around 10ish. All I ask is if you think you might be able to play please post here so i know 1) if i should bring my army and 2) If no-one wants to play if i should sign up for draft (magic the gathering) Thanks!

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »
Gosh only 1000? what happened. your last post was 2500 no?
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

King of the Elves

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »
Gosh only 1000? what happened. your last post was 2500 no?

Lol, 2500 is my max! I can run a much stronger list at 1000 and I'm also trying out some new things that i can only run at 1000. U game?

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »
At 1000? Im gonna be out numbered at least 6 to 1. yeah why not.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

King of the Elves

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 04:35:11 AM »
That was a pretty fun game, I can't believe that they where just core choices! When I get more units we have to play again so you can just kick my ass in a bigger game! But all in all, I learned a ton about playing Ogres that will help me when I play in a touny or something.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:58 PM »
Indeed. Some of the more fun options were left in the box. Key working against Ogres are we are slow and barely have an armor save.
Thank you for this Chase

King of the Elves

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 12:37:18 AM »
Key working against Ogres are we are slow and barely have an armor save.

At lease you have armour  :P

King of the Elves

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 01:15:45 PM »
I'll be at Abington for a little bit today (12- around 3) With my woodies if anyone wants a 1000/ 1500 point game.