Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warmachine / Hordes Journeyman League: July 6th - Aug 10th  (Read 10845 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA

Format: Slow Grow Journeyman League (details below)
Date: Fridays, July 6th through August 10th
Time: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Entrance Fee:  $15.00 per person

Address:
25 Taunton Street
Plainville MA 02762

Find us on Google Maps

Check out our Facebook Page

Join our Mailing List

ChaseLaq@gmail.com

Journeyman League - A modified version of Privateer Press's League rules found here.

Overview

Over the course of six weeks, players compete for prizes by earning league points. There are three types of league points: Game Points, Hobby Points, and Journeyman Points. Game Points are earned for playing against other players in the league using that week’s rules, Hobby Points are earned for painting models, Journeyman Points are the sum of Game Points and Hobby Points.

Each week, rules are set to restrict the size and general composition of players’ armies. This will help encourage an environment that is enjoyable for players who may take longer to become accustomed to the rules of the game.

Prizes

Patch prizes are awarded for initial participation, continued participation, and championship awards. There are four rank award patches that all players may earn by participating in the league. There are three championship award patches a player may earn if he qualifies.

Championship Awards:
   Destroyer Award (Skull): Most Game Points
   Creator Award (Flag): Most Hobby Points
   Journeyman Award (Crown): Most Journeyman Points

Championship Award winners will receive an amount of Store Credit based on the number of participants in the league. A player may only receive one of these awards.

Rank Awards (obtainable by all players)
   Rank 1: League Entry
   Rank 2: 10 Journeyman Points
   Rank 3: 20 Journeyman Points
   Rank 4: 30 Journeyman Points

Scoring

Players earn Game Points by playing league format games. Wins are worth 3 points each. Losses and draws are worth 2 points each.

Players earn Hobby Points for painting models in the faction they are playing within the league. These models do not have to be used at any time during a league game. For a painted model to score Hobby Points, it must meet the requirements listed in the Painting Requirements section. Hobby Points are awarded only for models painted during the course of this league. Models painted prior to the start of the league do not count. Use the list below to determine how many Hobby Points a given model/unit is worth.

Warcasters, warlocks, warbeasts, warjacks, and solos: 3 points for a large-based model, 2 points for mediumbased model, and 1 point for small-based model
   Battle engines: 5 points
   Colossals: 5 points
   Units of two models: 2 points
   Units of three to six models: 3 points
   Units of seven or more models: 4 points
   Units of only medium-based models: 1 additional point
   Units of only large-based models: 2 additional points

For further clarification please ask a league coordinator.

League Schedule

A player may play a MAXIMUM of 6 league games per week. He may not score points for a game against an opponent he played in the game directly preceding the current game OR the game before that. For instance: John plays Mike and scores 3 points for winning. Until John plays TWO other players at least once, he cannot gain any more points for playing Mike again.

Games played during the league will follow this schedule:

Week 1:  Battlegroup Box, Battlegroup Box Equivalent, or any 12 point Mangled Metal / Tooth and Claw list
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:

Painting Requirements

For a model to count for hobby points it must be primed, basecoated, and painted with a reasonable diversity of color. Individual elements of the miniature must be distinguishable by color or shading. For instance, flesh must be a different color than hair or clothing; metal should be a different color than leather.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:55:03 AM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Scary Lobster

Definitely interested, it will come down to getting a babysitter for the playing portion :) whatever it takes to grow the community though

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
I've been wanting this for my lgs for a year and it is finally happening. Best news for my hobby life!

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
I think I'll be taking part in this. I think I'll take the chance to switch back to either Khador or Ret.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
I'd like to do this as i've got a bunch of Cygnar that still need assembly and painting but i'm going to be way to busy with learning 6th edition and re-thinking my army.

Maybe next time

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Yeah, the timing of this relative to 6th ed 40k is terrible, but when a group demands something and shows they'll show up when they say they will over a period of time I have no choice but to give it to them!!

:)

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
I'm in! I'll be down tomorrow to buy/order some trolls

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
J BROWN IS IN FUCK YES

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
lets go! So battle box equvilent, is that no holds barred? Like is there a "no character jack" restriction? or is this just pedal to the metal kick ass rock and roll?
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
The idea here is to let people play what they'd like to play with as few restrictions as possible, other than the point limits.

As I understand it, the Battlegroup Boxes range from 11-13 points.  The game seems pretty balanced and it's players seem to support that idea, so as long as your list is 11 points or less, go ahead and field it week 1.

Is this a terrible idea?

The reason why I've posted this here before I spam it all over the internet is to sort things like this out.  :)

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
I'm fine with he 11 points thing.
A other question is i want to play searforge a merc contract for the league. If i can't get a jack to come in this thursday for the mangled metal could i just play a other contract like four star, and switch for week 2?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Did you ask for a Merc jack?  I don't remember.

Is there anything preventing you from choosing "Mercs" and just fielding whatever you want whenever you want?

Half the changes I've tried to make free that sort of thing up.  The players do NOT want to be bound / restricted like the normal Journeyman states.  Is there anything stopping you from just fielding the models that would make up a contract without declaring that you're going to be playing one?

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
Half the changes I've tried to make free that sort of thing up.  The players do NOT want to be bound / restricted like the normal Journeyman states.  Is there anything stopping you from just fielding the models that would make up a contract without declaring that you're going to be playing one?
Oh i don't know if there is any retractions for Merc contracts. Like don't know if i am bound a single contract for the league.

I was going to call abington before I was going to call you but i am going to try to get a Ghordson Avalancher. If i can't I will just play fourstar instead of searforge.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
The Journeyman rules say "A player who wishes to play Mercenaries or Minions during the league must play the same contract or pact throughout the entire league."

I have no idea why this is the case or what it really means.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
The are contracts in the merc and minion books. They are mini factions Like dwarfs , gators pirates , and pig men. There are retractions on what you can play with like dwarfs can only use dwarf warjacks. This is all so the same for units.