Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warmachine / Hordes Journeyman League: July 6th - Aug 10th  (Read 10844 times)

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
Wait, how do tier lists interact with merc contracts? can i do four star and then like shae's tier list? Also, We don't have to stick with the same caster and list for the whole thing right?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:22:35 AM by canadianone »
Tau theme song, "jump around"

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Wait, how do tier lists interact with merc contracts? can i do four star and then like shae's tier list? Also, We don't have to stick with the same caster and list for the whole thing right?

1. Pick a Mercenary/Minion contract
2. Pick your caster
3. You are free to play their tier, but realize that bonuses offered by the tier replace those offered by the contract.

If comes into effect because only certain casters/locks work for certain contracts. For instance if you picked Higborn then you can't play Shae. If you picked Talion you couldn't play Ashlynn. The reason it would come into effect is because there are two times during a Journeyman League you typically get to swap casters, but not factions.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
No, i know how tiers and contracts work in general, i was wondering how they work in the league. It sounded like Chase was running this slightly differently than most JM leagues, in that you can switch your caster/list and weren't confined to what you played last week. I could of course be totally wrong on this account. So, Chase, can we change our lists week to week? or are we confined as per the privateer press rules?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
The only restrictions are included in what I've posted.

You can switch casters at any point and play a different one in every game.

These Merc contracts confuse me.  If you're playing mercs, play mercs.  I don't care if you play dwarves in one game and not dwarves in another game.  There was a long talk about this last Friday and the conclusion was that people wanted to do a slow-grow league for beginners but didn't want to be heavily restricted in what they could field from game to game... so we're getting rid of all that.

Pick a faction.  Play at the point total for the week.  Those are the only restrictions.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
All hail chase! bad ass! Thanks, i think that will make it much more enjoyable for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:40:06 PM by canadianone »

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Should mention week 1 can only be caster + battlegroup as the scenario is mangled metal/tooth and claw.

What is the policy on models that have *some paint on them, but not much, and certainly wouldn't count as fully painted.

* varies, but not much in general.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Yeah, week 1 is Mangled Metal / Tooth and Claw.  I think it says that but if not I'll make it more clear.

I'm not looking to bust people's balls about paint.  If the model is primed and has "a little bit" of paint on it and you make it look wildly different it'll count just fine.

If the model is mostly done, has multiple colors on it and all that, I'll say no.  Just ask.

I will say that I'd prefer strongly to not have to make that choice.  Metal / plastic models or models with primer on them would be preferred.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
anyone have a Gorten card i can buy for the league mine came with the mk1 cards

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
I got you Ed, i owe one any way. Ill bring it next friday.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
awesome thanks

Wes

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
I should be making it this Friday. Games Workshop has drove me away from 40k, and I need a new game to pick up.

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
I think I should make it. Consider this your respective fates...

I will Roy Batty your asses.

EStenberg

• Email
^ Shit just got real.

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
Aww, this gonna be fierce! Also, Wes, coe join the fun, PP does NOT have annual price hikes! Its a brilliant business strategy that involves treating your customers like people, and *gasp* making them WANT to buy your stuff!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Now if only they could package the boxes and blisters correctly and provide the distributors with stock!