Author Topic: [Abington MA] Warmachine/Hordes League - War-Torn Alliances Season 3: Thornwood  (Read 1477 times)

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Abington MA

Format: Warmachine/Hordes Seasonal League (details below)
Date: Thursdays, July 5th through August 2nd
Time: 5:00pm - 11pm
Entrance Fee:  $15.00 per person

Address:
1501 Bedford Street
Abington MA 02351

Parking on site

Google Maps

Battleground's Facebook Page

Mailing List

Please contact me at derek@battlegroundgames.com with any questions.

What is this league about?

The 2012 War-Torn Alliances league gives players a fantastic opportunity to shine in nearly all aspects of the hobby—painting and modeling, faction mastery, and working with a teammate to achieve victory for the greater good. The 2012 War-Torn Alliances league will have four seasons and begins in Feburary.

In 2012, each season will feature faction pairings that represent an uneasy alliance to conquer territory on the map. These tenuous accords will change with each War-Torn Alliances season. League fiction will be centered on these arrangements of convenience. What would happen if elements of the Talion Charter teamed up with Legion of Everblight? Or if Circle Orboros worked with Cryx? Not only will you get to read about these pairings, you’ll get to play them out for yourself on the battlefield.

League Map

The interactive online league map returns in 2012, with factions battling for control in The Gnarls, Olgunholt Forest, and The Thornwood throughout the year.

Season Models

Season models make their return—with a twist. In addition to fielding the league models for your main faction, you’ll have the option to field the allied league models as well. Play a big enough game and you’ll be able to field both allied armies at once!

Upgrades

War-Torn Alliances introduces a new element called Upgrades. These Upgrades are earned after battling opponents during the course of each season, and represent enhancements to your battle-seasoned warjacks and warbeasts. Upgrades are faction specific and will change each season.

League Kits

Each War-Torn Alliances core kit will include 1 scoreboard tracking poster, 1 championship medal and enough participation and commendation patches for 8 players. Reinforcement kits can be purchased to support an additional 4 players per kit. Battleground has purchased the reinforcement kit, so this league currently supports up to 12 players. We will purchase more kits if necessary.

Commendations

Players will be able to earn commendations for participation, hobby, combat and Alliance play, and the overall winner will be awarded the season medal. Make sure to check the rules for each season to find out the requirements to unlock these achievements.

Participation

Hobby

Combat

Alliance Play

COMPLETE RULES CAN BE FOUND AT THIS LINK

"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Grand Master Steve

Wow i just started re-painting my Searforge contract army. This is a perfect way to get my feet back into warmahordes. Im in ill bring my 15 bones

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Sure, I just finished one league, why not start another!

I'll be there.

Is the teammate thing just for the unbound game?

EDIT:
I skimmed through the rules and it seems like it's only for the 4v4 unbound games.

Grand Master Steve

I signed up but the legue patch is not what I expected. Is it supposed to be like a tiney strip? I thought it was Going to be similar to the past legue when you collect all the sides of a Cog. The Legue discription on this is a bit mis-leading. I wish it was a giant cool cog so I can frame it Like I did the last one.

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
Winner gets a nice shiny medal.... And bragging rights. ;D
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

Grand Master Steve

Yeah I dont think I will be winning anything lol