Author Topic: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions  (Read 33872 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions
« on: June 30, 2012, 05:27:38 PM »
Ask them here.  It'll be good practice for us (Sam).

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:48:34 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Grand Master Steve

Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Quetions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »
ok you can delete my other post. What consitues as a "Flyer" the offical codex entries do not say they are flyers. I think Gw already put out an errata. But in the new book it has a section on flyers. Does this indicate Valks, Vendettas, Storm Talons etc? Or the forge world only flyers such as the Lightnings and the Thunderbolts?

JWebs

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »
Alrighty, I've got a few.

1) copypasted from another thread:
So the tyranid tervigon power Onslaught says that a unit may shoot and assault the turn it runs if it has fleet. Before the assault part was just to clarify confusion but now with fleet now granting assaults on runs it's less clear. I expected a FAQ update to it but... nothing

2) I've read a lot of confusion regarding Boneswords, what people seem to be stating is that they are AP3 but they still get their special rules from the Tyranid codex. They claim this includes the ignore armor saves part, but when dealing with vehicle penetration is when the AP3 comes in.

3) How do singing spears work now?

4) Does Spirit Stones grant Mastery Level 2? (Eldrad's FAQ entry really throws this one for a loop.)

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
what page are you refering to for flyers? I cant seem to find it

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 12:05:15 AM »
Moving this over here in case anyone isn't looking at the Fortifications yes/no discussion in another thread

the current topic is FLAKK missles, are they a point upgrade? can only certain codex's use them? do they not exist because GW forgot to put them in ALL the FAQs? read below and share your thoughts

I think it's more an oversight that guard (and other armies) have nothing with skyfire.  Shouldn't the Hydra and maybe the Manticore have it?  There's also the flakk missles that can be fired from missle launchers, but they have to be bought as an upgrade.  I think GW forgot about that when they did the updates and FAQs.

Hydra does have it.  IN fact, it doesn't have other use, since it can only snapfire at ground targets.

The way I read it (going off the bestiary in the back of the BRB), Flak missiles are integral to the basic imperial Missile launcher that SM troops and devastators and IG heavy weapons squads get.  No other kind of missile launcher gets it, not even eldar, though.

The flak thing stil isnt clear to me as it looks like you need to buy that upgrade with points.

from the book verbatim "All missile launchers come with frag and krak missiles as standard, and some have the option to upgrade to include flakk missiles. Each time a missile launcer fires, the controlling player must choose which type of missile is being fired"

it has separate entries for the typhoon and cyclone space marine missile launchers and looks like those do not get the option for flakk

As far as hydra it can fire at ground and air at normal BS because it doesnt have the interceptor rule.

A weapon with skyfire and interceptor rules is the one that can only take snap shots at ground targets

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 04:59:12 AM »
Are CSM daemon weapons subject to power weapon typing?

What profile would a glaive encarmine from the BA codex use?

What about Astaroth's Executioner Axe?
beep bop boop

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 06:15:14 AM »
No questions from me, but I wanted to let people know there's already a copy of all FAQ/Errata sheets behind the counter in Plainville.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
Just curious,

Storm Talon, Storm Raven did they get expanded to other armies?  Just wondering if I can take one of these in my Ravenwing Army.  Taking a fortification to give a bike army antiaircraft seems kind of silly.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »
So far, Stormtalons and Stormravens remains part of their usual codexes. That's likely to change in the future (the Appendix lists Stormravens under the generic Codex Space Marine vehicle list), but until the FAQ says otherwise, we've got to stick to the codex.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 04:24:07 PM »
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2700228-gws

Incidentally, when the Stormtalon came out, many hobbyists asked us on Facebook if they could use it in their Black Templars/Space Wolves/Blood Angels army. Well now, if you pick it as an allied unit to your main army, the answer is very happily: yes.

No plans soon until a new Codex comes out to add Flyers to those armies outside of Allies.

I think flyers right now are a little over rated I don't see why they made it so Blast Templates can't hit them. Air Bursting and a Giant Orbital Laser makes me think they should hit but I don't see all the hate for them. They are tough yes but so was Tanks all through 5th and people dealt with them.

Edit: My Answer Bikes.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:37:27 PM by Loranus »
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »
I dont need no stinking Storm Ravens. I got Storm Eagles.  8)

KennyT

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 06:14:55 PM »
Two questions about skyfire.

Why does it make mention of skimmers, cause I don't see anything about them being hard to hit or what ever the rule is for fliers?

Is there any place in the rule book that says what get the skyfire or would it be in the faq? Hopping its in the book cause other wise I can't shoot at fliers very effectively but, my tanks could be awesome.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »
In the back of the book I believe that they had put weapon profiles for every race. But I believe that everything is the same unless mentioned in you FAQ.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 10:44:44 PM »
this might be answered on another thread. why can Deamons of Chaos Deamon Prince fly but Chaos Marines Deamon Prince not? Also can blood Thirsters or Lords of Change and their ilk fly?

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:02 PM »
The Chaos Space Marine FAQ states that their daemon princes with wings count as jump monstrous creatures. the FAQ for Chaos Daemons states that monstrous creatures with Daemonic Flight are flying.
beep bop boop