Author Topic: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions  (Read 34338 times)

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »
A question I am having trouble dealing with right now.

Interceptor allows you to shoot at a unit that arrives in from reserves at the end of the movement phase.

Say a Rhino comes in from reserve you have 2 units with an Interceptor Weapon and one wrekcs the Rhino can the second Interceptor fire at the Units that have emergency Disembarked from the Rhino?

Now say a Drop Pod deep strikes with a Unit inside of it the Unit Disembarks after the Drop Pod Arrives from Reserves. Does the Interceptor get the choice to shoot at the Unit and not the drop pod?

As the FAQ for "I've been expecting you" for Inquisitor Coteaz specifically states that units inside dedicated transports that arrive from reserve, *also* count as coming out of reserve, then yes, I'd say you can totally shoot whatever you want.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: October 12, 2012, 11:57:13 AM »
Under the Scout special rule, when it says a model with Scout may redeploy, does that model have to redeploy in a deployment zone?

It seems like a silly question, but we talked ourselves into a corner tonight and cursed GW again for not clearly defining the terms of the game.

Was under they impression their redeploy was more of a slight "shuffle" from their current position and, as long as none of the redeploy restrictions are broken, it seems they would be able to "shuffle" out of a deployment zone. The unit simply moves a bit from where it was initially deployed.

Scout
If the unit is Infantry, Artillery, a Walker or a Monstrous Creature, each model can redeploy anywhere entirely within 6" of its current position. If it is any other unit type, each model can instead redeploy anywhere entirely within 12" of its current position. During this redeployment, Scouts must remain more than 12" away from any enemy unit.

You can most certainly scout rule out of your deployment zone.  The only time it specifically denotes not being able to redeploy out is under the Warlord Trait (the last table, on a 6), and maybe the C'tan Illusion power.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: October 12, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »

Interceptor allows you to shoot at a unit that arrives in from reserves at the end of the movement phase.

Say a Rhino comes in from reserve you have 2 units with an Interceptor Weapon and one wrekcs the Rhino can the second Interceptor fire at the Units that have emergency Disembarked from the Rhino?

Now say a Drop Pod deep strikes with a Unit inside of it the Unit Disembarks after the Drop Pod Arrives from Reserves. Does the Interceptor get the choice to shoot at the Unit and not the drop pod?

1 Interceptor gun blows up the Rhino.  2nd Gun shoots at the Troops;  It's just like a normal shooting phase - You can totally shoot at guys that pop out of a tank once it's cracked open.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
You can most certainly scout rule out of your deployment zone.
That's what I thought.

Why they use the term "redeploy", where "deployment" is a very specific term, is beyond me.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: November 04, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »
What happens when both players roll "Night Attacker" for a Strategic Warlord trait and only one of them wants Night Fight? (Page 111)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #335 on: November 04, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »
You roll for it as per normal.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: November 04, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »
You roll for it as per normal.
Source? Or do players 4+ it?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:52:01 PM by Benjamin »

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #337 on: November 05, 2012, 12:08:05 AM »
I just thought of when you had Null Zone and Fateweaver. Technically you would pick up all the dice and re-roll but you just roll once to save time therefore they cancel each other out. In the case of it automatically happening and not would be along the same lines. So they would cancel each other out causing you to use the original rule so you would roll it as normal.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: November 05, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
Technically, Null Zone and Fateweaver do not cancel each other out. One re-rolls successes and another re-rolls failures.

A: Whilst you should technically roll all the dice and then re-roll them, just roll the saves once and apply the results to save time."

In my question of Night Attacker, there's a clear example of contradiction. I'm thinking it gets a 4+ roll, since that's what the book says to do. But I'm wondering if there's another solution or interpretation. Logically, they should cancel each other, but it doesn't actually say it and we all know the danger or presuming with GW rules.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:46:14 AM by Benjamin »

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #339 on: November 05, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »

1 Interceptor gun blows up the Rhino.  2nd Gun shoots at the Troops;  It's just like a normal shooting phase - You can totally shoot at guys that pop out of a tank once it's cracked open.

For that matter, If a guy comes down in a Drop pod (or vendetta) troops get out, you only have 1 gun....you can totally choose to shoot the troops that get out. 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #340 on: November 05, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »
Yeah, I'd argue the transport is part of the unit, just as the Troops are. All parts of the unit would be available for Interceptor target practice.

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #341 on: November 05, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »
i am pretty sure i read somewhere that it all happens at the same time so there for the unit isn't an eligible target. only the tank is. also the tank and unit once they get out are 2 separate targets not the same unit. i am looking for what i read.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #342 on: November 06, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »
Yeah, I'd argue the transport is part of the unit, just as the Troops are. All parts of the unit would be available for Interceptor target practice.

It doesn't matter, one unit, two.  They both arrived from reserve.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #343 on: November 06, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »

It doesn't matter, one unit, two.  They both arrived from reserve.

Right, though you cannot shoot at a unit inside of a vehicle. If you have one interceptor weapon then it can shoot at the vehicle. If you have two the first can shoot at the vehicle and then second, provided the first destroyed the vehicle and forced the unit inside to disembark, can shoot at the unit that was inside the vehicle.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2012, 11:41:01 AM »
There is an argument in Erich's favor, all this shooting happens at the end of the opponents movement phase.  Which you could be forgiven for thinking that meant it was simultaneous.  But I don't believe it, it is sequential, much like Deep Strike all happens at the beginning of the phase, yet one unit can mishap if lands on a unit that landed "earlier". 

Still though, I believe a signal interceptor gun can only shoot at one target, whether that's the transport or the transported.  Unlike Coteaz.  Coteaz gets to do everything, all the time.  :)