Author Topic: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions  (Read 34421 times)

mchlwllms

• Email
Re: Warhammer 40k 6th Edition Rules Questions
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
I'm curious, how are they not boltguns when they are listed as 3 boltguns?
"Don't be afraid to give up the good, to go for the great"

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our problem"

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2013, 02:15:18 PM »
No no, start a sperate thread or PM or something, I don't want another page or two of argument here, all I want is a ruling by Sam. 

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2013, 02:27:53 PM »
That's not the only issue Sam needs to rule on. Daemons still don't have an FAQ and though i'm not knowledgeable about Daemons i know there are several issues.

I know Sam doesn't get on here as much as he used to but hopefully Chase can point him here since lists were do yesterday and somebody is going to be pissed Saturday if they roll into the tournament with a specific plan in mind only to find out they can't use a unit that way.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »
Another ruling for Sam.

Does the Quad gun that is bought with a Aeigis Defence line have to be deployed touching the Aeigis defence wals?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »
Oh, hell, there are dakka threads proposing that Bastions gun doesn't actually have to go on the roof, you can just have it off to the side or something.

For that matter, our very own Jared think it's legal to put all 4 Heavy bolters of a Bastion on the same side?

One demon FAQ question I can think of is can the exalted flamer chariot think shoot it's torrent flamer thing when the chariot moves?  (RAW it's pretty clear you can't, as it's a heavy, and it's on the flamer, not the chariot. But c'mon, the RAI is pretty clear in the opposite)

Tharcil

« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2013, 03:49:16 PM »
One demon FAQ question I can think of is can the exalted flamer chariot think shoot it's torrent flamer thing when the chariot moves?  (RAW it's pretty clear you can't, as it's a heavy, and it's on the flamer, not the chariot. But c'mon, the RAI is pretty clear in the opposite)

If the written rule and what you perceive to be the intended rule are as far apart, I would not say anything is clear.  I definitely want to see this FAQ'd to work as you suggest and I don't disagree with how you think it should work. However, rules that are clearly written should be followed in the absence of an FAQ.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »
Like bouncing FMCs?  I disagree.  In any case it sounds like you agree with me more than not. 

I'm not looking to argue the positions, just some simple rulings.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #397 on: March 27, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
I believe the.rulebook description of the bastion unfortunately implies all the HBs can be on the same side and I have seen this allowed in larger tournaments (Templecon GT, etc).

I think deploying the weapon for the aegis is covered under battlefield debris, its part of the cluster so it must be within 3" of another piece of the cluster (don't have the rulebook in front of me, but maybe someone who does can provide a page reference).

For the bastion, doesn't it say you're buying the upgrade for the battlements? Wouldn't it have to go on top?

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »
The book says "as modeled" and it's pretty easy interpret that how it should be modeled is how the instruction kit tells you to it: i.e. one on each side.

It's no different than converting all your models to lay on their belly--it's technically legal but no one is going to let you do it in a tournament, and with good reason. 

It's called "modelling for advantage".  It's got it's own term and everything. 

andalucien

• God
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
Actually I believe that Sam's earlier ruling about the Bastion still stands.  I asked all these questions wayyyy early (like, the week 6th came out) in this same thread and Sam basically said that the Bastion has to be the same dimensions, have the same layout of heavy bolters, and the same layout of firepoints that the GW one comes with.

Of course the firepoints can be rearranged... so they have to follow a possible layout you could make with the GW box.

I think it's a good ruling.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »
Hurricane bolters do not have their own weapon entry, and are therefore treated as three twin-linked boltguns for all purposes. I'll try to answer the other questions tomorrow, but time is very short for me these days. And I have a million army lists to check for Saturday. If your list depends on a specific ruling going your way, you may want to revise, as I may not have time/an available codex to read the rule until the day of the tournament.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2013, 07:17:43 PM »
We're going to go with, "An upgrade to a fortification has to be on or attached to that fortification."
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »
I think that's likely the intent; I think the following FAQ is indicative:

Q: Can you shoot at a gun emplacement attached to an Aegis defence line? (p114)
A: Yes – see page 105 for a gun emplacement’s profile.

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #403 on: March 28, 2013, 07:02:44 PM »
A few answers:

The burning chariot cannot fire its heavy template weapon if it moves, because it is a heavy template weapon.

The Relic can't move more than 6", so I don't foresee a problem regarding where it is dropped. In the bizarre side case where someone manages to find a loophole that lets them move more than 6" with the Relic, it will be dropped where the model originally was (interpreting "immediately" to mean "at the moment the unit is forced to move"), not at the end of that movement.

In general, we will not be using the Adepticon FAQ, so don't rely on that as gospel. The main rulebook and official FAQs trump other sources.

I can't answer the chaos bike thing until I have a Chaos Space Marine codex in front of me, which I believe will happen later tonight. In the meantime, back to checking lists I go.

Sam

• Global Moderator
  • Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2013, 08:50:36 PM »
In a unit of Chaos Bikers, up to two bikers may replace their bike's gun with a special weapon, as allowed by their wargear options. A model taking a bike as special issue wargear (such as a Chaos Lord) my not replace the bike's gun, since he lacks this upgrade option.