Author Topic: Hero Quest?  (Read 6735 times)

Grand Master Steve

Hero Quest?
« on: December 28, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »
Back in the day Milton Bradley and GW teamed up to put out a board game called Hero Quest. The game is basicly D&D but GW's version greatly simplified. I was thinking for a while of running it but due to the Hospitality buisness iw ork for i dont know a definite time i can get in with it. If i do would any one be interested?

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Hero Quest?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
I'm in.
beep bop boop

brennanpjbren

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:54:42 AM »
Might have a couple of players,  I have that game also.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 02:54:10 AM »
Looks Like my days off seem to fluxuate between wensdays and Tuesdays depending on how many people my hotel has due in on a given day. 9 times out of 10 its Tuesday.

brennanpjbren

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
Tue seems ok w/me;  I think my FOW guys play on Wed.

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
I may be interested.  I also own a copy in pretty good condition that I can bring if I play.  What time would it be starting?
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
right now im looking at next monday or wensday available

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 02:33:55 AM »
Next Wednesday doesn't work for me, but don't let that deter you from choosing that day, and Monday is a little iffy.

It is nice to know what you're thinking.  Maybe others can attend either of those days.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 02:56:11 PM »
Im goingto hunt on e-bay for a pefect copy, I looked at my set and it has seen much better days I know Jon has offered his copy but ide rather have my own that is in great shape.

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »
Whatever works but keep in mind they're really expensive online.  Time to start saving up.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »
Yea they can run anywhere from 200-600 bucks depending on th quality of the set and if its only the base set, considering I sold one a few years ago for 350 and it wasn't in the best of shape, but the biggest selling point was an intact alchemist table :) The expansions for it can run incredibly high as well and might only be available in foreign languages, but I still have all the expansions if you need them to translate off of.

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »
I can't speak for Steve D but I think he said the expansions, the 4 of them in particular, were required.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
Ok so Steve got my curiosity up about the price of this game and I must have been an incredibly lucky person to get my extra copy sold for what i did, the British Expansions are about the only thing that is really expensive, Kellers Keep and the Witch King are fairly priced for what they are and availability but good luck with the British expansions upwards of 200 or so.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 03:01:49 PM »
Yeah I beleive the base set doesnt run that much.

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 11:12:13 PM »
With my work schedule being what it is I won't be available on weeknights other than my usual Wednesday, which is already pledged for D&D and WAS/FoW.  Sorry.  :(