Author Topic: [Plainville MA] WHFB 2500pt Tournament - Crossroad GT rules / scenarios - 8/25  (Read 2126 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville

Format: Singles (1v1) 2500 points per person using the Crossroads GT rules and scenarios
Date: August 25th, 2012 a SATURDAY
Time: Please be here no later than 10:00am.  Set up at 10:30.  Dice roll no later than 11:00am.
Entrance Fee:  $20.00 per person

Address:
25 Taunton Street
Plainville MA 02762

Find us on Google Maps

Check out our Facebook Page

Join our Mailing List

The event will be capped at 24 players. 

Please contact me at ChaseLaq@gmail.com or call the store to sign up if and only if you can commit to playing on August 25th (Saturday).

Pre-registration is encouraged.

RULES FOR WARHAMMER FANTASY TOURNAMENT:

2500 Points. Using the rules from the upcoming Crossroads GT on September 29th - 30th, 2012.

Rule Books:
The Warhammer Fantasy EIGHTH Edition Rules will be used.

The following is a list of legal army choices:
Warhammer Armies: Bretonnia
Warhammer Armies: Warriors of Chaos
Warhammer Armies: Dwarves of Chaos
Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Choas
Warhammer Armies: Beastmen
Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves
Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs
Warhammer Armies: Empire
Warhammer Armies: High Elves
Warhammer Armies: Lizardmen
Warhammer Armies: Ogre Kingdoms
Warhammer Armies: Orcs & Goblins
Warhammer Armies: Skaven
Warhammer Armies: Tomb Kings
Warhammer Armies: Vampire Counts
Warhammer Armies: Wood Elves

• Army lists MUST be emailed to ChaseLaq@gmail.com no later than August 20th, 2012.  Your list should be sent in Army Builder generated .pdf.  Failing that, a detailed, itemized, .txt or .rtf file is fine.  This is required!

• If illegal units or other rules violations are found in a player’s army list, at a minimum,
the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. In addition, tournament points may be deducted and/or award eligibility may be forfeited. If in doubt, please ask for clarification in advance from a Battleground Tournament Organizer.

MODELS AND POINTS:

General Restrictions:

Teclis, Fateweaver, Masque, Thorek are all banned.

All BSB's will be allowed to take any standard equipment available to their non-BSB counterparts. For example, a Wood Elf BSB may take an additional hand weapon. Weapon/Armor options must be paid for as normal.

30 man unit size cap on the following:  Demonic Infantry, White Lions, Temple Guard, Chaos Warriors, Chosen, Hammerers, Savage Orc Biguns.

60 man unit size cap for everything else.

Maximum points for a single, non-character unit is 450 points.

Max 4 warmachines, only 2 of the same type.

Max. 50 models with missile weapons with a range of 12” or greater (not incl. war-machines, characters and chariots).

Magic Restrictions:

Max 12 Power Dice used in any single phase.

Look Out Sir!: Characters will get "look out sir" versus the following spells that automatically remove models or entire regiments: Final Transmutation, Dwellers Below, Dreaded 13th, Infernal Gateway 11-12 effect.

Normal requirements for lookout sir apply.

Army Specific Restrictions:

• Demons – Max 6 Flamers, Demonic Gifts may only be taken once per army, Demonic BSB with a magic banner may not take demonic gifts.

• Vampire Counts –  0-3 Etheral units/characters, 0-1 Terrorghiest, Max 12 Black Knights per unit, Max 16 Crypt Horrors, 0-3 Quickblood or Red Fury total for the army, Max 4 Flying units

• Dark Elves – Max 35 Repeater Crossbows in the army, 0-2 Harpies, 0-2 Shades, 0-1 Hydra, Crown of Command not allowed on a character with Pendant of Khaleth, May use a maximum of 6 power dice to cast a spell.

• Skaven – 0-2 Gutter Runners, 0-1 Abomination, 0-3 Warlock Engineers

• Lizardmen - Max 3 Salamanders, 0-2 Chameleon Skinks, 0-2 Scar Vets, Ethereal Slann may not take Crown of Command, Death magic/Feedback Scroll not allowed on character with Bane Head, Skinks w/ Krox do not count towards the 50 model limit for missile weapons.

• Empire – 0-1 Steam Tank, only 1 Hellblaster may have an Engineer attached to it.

• Warriors of Chaos – 0-1 Hellcannon, If Mark of Tz is on a Warrior/Knight/Chosen unit then 0-1 Warshrine, Mark of Tz not allowed on character with Crown of Command.

• High Elves – No Book of Hoeth.

• Tomb Kings - 0-3 Sphinx of any kind.

• Ogre Kingdoms - 0-3 Iron Blasters and units of Mournfang Cavalry combined, Either the Hellheart or Dispell Scroll may be taken, If you have the Greedy Fist on a Death mage then you may not take the Crown of Command nor the Standard of Discipline in your army.

• Brettonians - Crown of Command not allowed on a Damsel or Prophetess.

• Chaos Dwarves - 0-1 Hellcannon, Every 2 Wizards count as a War Machine, Either Chalice of Darkness or Dispell Scroll may be taken in the army, 0-4 Hobgoblin Units,  0-4 Hobgoblin Heros on Wolves.

HOW THE TOURNAMENT WORKS:

• Competitors will participate in three (3) games over the course of the day. In each game, you
will play a scenario and record the outcome of the battle on your results sheet. Each round you
will play a different opponent.  Each round will last 2.5 hours.

• In the first round, players will be matched up randomly. After the first round, players will be
matched up according to current rankings in the tournament (based on the number of points they've scored) e.g., the player in first place will play the player in second place and so on. We will try our best not to pair players that come to the event together in the first round. If a player receives a BYE they will be awarded the average of the winning players points for the round.

• You will not play the same person twice.

• We will do our best to prevent a player from playing on the same table twice.

• The pairings for each round will be announced as soon as they are determined. Please be sure to
arrive at your table ready to play right away.

• Slow playing will NOT be tolerated.  If you suspect your opponent is slow playing PLEASE notify a Battleground staff member as soon as possible as we can not do anything about alleged slow play after the fact.

• Each game will be played on a 4' x 6' board.

• Players will receive Results Sheets at the beginning of each round. Each results sheet must be filled in properly to ensure that match-ups and point totals are correct. Once Results Sheets are completed they are to be turned in at the counter so the scores can be entered into the computer.

BATTLES:

The Eighth Edition Rulebook (and all relevant GW FAQ) will be in use for all games and will be the definitive guide for all rules. The time limit for each game is 2.5 hours. At the end of this time limit, the round will be called; all players will need to finish their game immediately (dice down), and no additional time will be provided.

The scenarios to be used can be found here.  I will be selecting 3 of the 5 for our event.

SCORING:

Victory points scored as per the rulebook, with the exceptions that:

• units that are at 25% or less of their original models yield 50% VP's to the opponent (characters, monsters and handlers, war machines and single models are unaffected).
• units that are fleeing at the end of the battle yield 50% VP's to the opponent.

In both cases, bonuses (for generals, banners, etc.) are not counted towards the 50%. Units that are both: fleeing and at/below Ό strength still only yiled 50% VP’s.

Each round, in addition to the bonus points in each scenario, a player will score the following amount of Battle Points:

Loss > 1900 VP = 0 Battle Points
    Loss by 1300 to 1899 VP = 1 Battle Point
    Loss by 700 to 1299 VP = 2 Battle Points
    Loss by 200 to 699 VP = 3 Battle
    Win\Loss < 199 VP = 4 Battle Points
    Win by 200 to 699 VP = 5 Battle Points
    Win by 700 to 1299 VP = 6 Battle Points
    Win by 1300 to 1899 VP = 7 Battle Points
    Win > 1900 VP = 8 Battle Points

What You Need to Bring with You:
-Your (hopefully painted) miniatures
-At least one copy of your army list
-WHFB Rulebook, your Army Book, and any additional books you might need
-Pen and paper
-Dice and templates
-Tape measure
-Something to transport your army from table to table

Store Credit Awards will be given out to:
Store credit is good for any product in the store and all subsequent events.  It never expires and will be saved for you.

• Best General
• Second Best General
• Third Best General (only awarded if the turnout is large)
• Best Appearance (Army)

• Players Choice - The Players Choice award will go to the player that the others feel best reflects important aspects of the hobby.  Every person will score their opponents on sportsmanship, theme, rules knowledge, appearance, and overall awesomeness.

Please post any questions or comments here.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
awesome, sign me up!

Rhys

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
i'm there!

Bkyle

• Heroic Tier Level 2
These rules and scenarios look like a lot of fun. 

JakeM

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
I would like to go, but I wont be in till 10:30

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
I don't think that is a problem typically is it, they can pair you beforehand, and you know how to play so you guys could just play a few minutes into lunch if needed.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Not a prob at all.  Please shoot me your list ASAP.

Sorry about the delay, I was off in the mountains for a few days and didn't have internet or cellphone reception.

Urzu4

• Email
Hello chase, I don't know if you remember me (the name is Garrett), I was a person who just started fantasy last year right as the school year ended (I am playing Bretonnians).  I just got back from NY a couple of days ago and just realized about this tournament now.  It would be a great learning experience for me If I could participate and I understand that the list is way late and if I cannot participate.  I'm going to shoot my list over to you now, if you could get back to me I appreciate it.

-Thanks for your time

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
I've emailed you.