Author Topic: The great maw says "Om nom nom nom"  (Read 1481 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
The great maw says "Om nom nom nom"
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »
It's official.  I bought the battalion today.  I will smother you all under my rolls of chub.

So, any tips for an Ogre Kingdom army list?

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
Re: The great maw says "Om nom nom nom"
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
I unfortunately cannot help you too much, but I'm totally glad to see more fantasy players springing up

As for characters Ogres are awesome, they are extremly hardy, however I think they are pretty light when it comes to armor saves, but with high toughness and lots of wounds they can withstand a lot, and their outnumber and cause fear puts them ahead of the average person

butchers are very good, however they take damage, or have the potential to take damage from their spells, so when they are on their last wound it gets pretty hairy, but again they have more wounds and are much better fighters than any other wizard in the game just about

ogre units tend to be very powerful but small and weak against shooting, however with their movement of 6 they can easily clear the field in 2 turns 3 at the most

never underestimate the power of gnoblars, a fully ranked is always something to be fear especially if it comes to being in the flank. however they are incredibly weak and if it came down to it they would have a hard time kicking their own ass

Leadbelchers are a very nasty unit, however their chance to hurt themselves can really cut them down quickly, ive seen a lot of people use them in 2 x2 ogre units

Gorgers are awesome, make a toughness 5 ogre unbreakable and send him against str 3 units and he will hold them up for quite some time

the scrap launcher if you're lucky can be really nasty, with its killing blow however its low strength pretty much means it relies on it, and the misfire chart can make it completely useless

gnoblar trappers are almost a given, a scouting unit regardless of how strong they are is incredibly valuable indeed, even if they dont survive against a cannon crew they could potentially keep it from shooting for a turn which saves an ogre or two

but thats about it, as far as a list is concerned i can't help you too much but i hope this info helps you create one

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: The great maw says "Om nom nom nom"
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I hope we can play in the near future.  This is the list I have come up with so far, with models I own.

Heroes      
1   Bruiser   
   1   Tenderizer
      Luck Gnoblar
      Heavy Armor

1   Butcher   
   1   Bloodcleaver
   1   Dispel Scroll
   2   Tooth Gnoblar
Core      
7   Ironguts   
5   Bulls   
24   Gnoblar Fighters   

Special      
4   Leadbelchers   

It's 1158 points.  I figure this could be my base and I could work off of it.