Author Topic: Learn me some warhams fantasy  (Read 2386 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Learn me some warhams fantasy
« on: January 11, 2009, 09:25:35 PM »
I promised myself that after the megabattle, I'd put down the daemons, power armor and random leadership and pick up some gut plates.

Some of you ladies want to teach me how to warham?

I have a battallion box which I'll start building this week and some built iron guts.  I'm attracted to the idea of scrapping the MSU approach and just huge squads of bulls and iron guts.  I've been reading through the big rule book a bit and the ogre kingdoms book but I think having a few games would teach me far more about the game in context than just reading.

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
Re: Learn me some warhams fantasy
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 03:44:17 AM »
I'll be more than willing to help out you sometime. Let me know when you'll be at bg and i'll try and get myself down there.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:49:15 AM »
I'm willing to give it a shot as well Rich, still rather new to it myself but got a good grasp of it my ratmen will have some large bones o gnaw on off those ogres :) or fail even more leadership tests than ever one or the other :P

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 10:56:36 AM »
Thanks guys.

I'm going to do some assembly tonight of the ogres.  I'll also put together a (hopefully legal) list today.

I hope to get down to BG sometime this week after work, only day I know I can't is Thursday. 

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
I'd totally teach you how to play, its a completely different game than 40k, and by far the better choice ;D

I will probably be down this Saturday if you can make it

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 12:45:37 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Rich. I'll be getting my vampires together but will need some refreshing on how the game plays.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 07:44:06 PM »
Is there any reason not to take an army full of butchers and iron guts?

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
Is there a difference between magic weapons and magic items?

I should totally be able to use Mastodon Armor and Bloodcleaver.

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 08:14:31 PM »
yes, your hero/lord can only have a certain number of magic items, such as, he can only carry a single magical weapon, however he could carry more than 1 weapon, such as a magical hand weapon and also a great weapon

He can only wear 1 piece of magical armor, but in most cases it can be combined with mundane armor(the book will be specific at the magic armor entry) so your hero/lord could wear light/heavy armor and carry an enchanted shield

your hero can only ever carry 1 enchanted item

a wizard or spellcaster of some sort can only ever carry 1 arcane item, arcane items are for wizards/spellcasters only

magical banners can be carried by certain units and by the battlestandard bearer