Author Topic: Rule Questions  (Read 12303 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Rule Questions
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
Considering how many of us are new to the game, I figured a thread like this could be helpful.

Anyway, here are some questions I have:

1. Can a model with a non-flying mount join a unit of infantry? Example: My Vampire Count on a nightmare wishes to join my unit of Skeleton Warriors. Is this possible?

2. If I have a unit of skeleton warriors (with my count in the unit) in combat, may my count attack if there are no enemies in contact with his base?

3. May casters who refuse a challenge cast spells while in the back of the unit?

4. I think this has changed with the new edition, but do units who get hit with a flank or rear charge need to make a panic test?
beep bop boop

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
Re: Rule Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
Some Answers for you:

1 - It may Join the unit it takes up spaces as the size of its base, normal cav base takes up two spaces so he would be in the first and second rank of the unit.

2 - He may attack only if someone is in base contact with him.

3 - If they are in the back of the unit in subsequent rounds of combat and they can cast spells while in Combat then yes IF the spells do not have a line of sight requirement because in the back he has no line of sight.

4 - No Panic test needed.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »
Are special characters only allowed with an opponents permission? If not, is it considered unsporting to use them?
beep bop boop

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »
Nope no need for permission, and is actually from what I've been told expected for some of the armies becuase they are the only good choices for the Hero and Lord choices.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »
So, taking Konrad von Castein fairly regularly wouldn't be frowned upon?
beep bop boop

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 03:22:53 PM »
I can't see why not, he's a pretty big point sink so if he buys it thats a lot of points down the drain of course a lot harder to kill chars in Fantasy than 40k but still one good warp lightning hit is all that I'll need :P

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
I can't see why not, he's a pretty big point sink so if he buys it thats a lot of points down the drain of course a lot harder to kill chars in Fantasy than 40k but still one good warp lightning hit is all that I'll need :P

Your rats love cheese!

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 03:19:54 AM »
unfortunately, you do have to use the models of special characters to represent them...  ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 06:54:25 AM »
I'm getting the feeling WYSIWYG is less important in WHFB when compared with 40k which pretty much requires it all the time.  How strict must I adhere to WYSIWYG for my opponents to be satisfied?

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »
well if you play paul and your chaos, don't take the mutation called distended maw, because he still cries about it to this day :P

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 12:31:44 AM »
Actually konrad is not that bad of a point sink considering what you get for the 185.  He can't use magic and suffers from stupidity on a leadership 6.  Without a Lord that kinda hurts because a hero vampire is only leadership 7, but konrad has 3 attacks +1 for an additional close combat weapon.  Re-rolling to hit all the time and two wounds per hit with the sword is brutal.  Plus every unsaved wound equals another attack for him.  Thats around 7 or 8 attacks around on basic infantry if you just play the law of averages.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 08:10:26 AM »
185?  hahaha, I was going to field the Ironskins clan tyrant who is 485.   Pfffft, thinlings!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 10:20:18 AM »
185?  hahaha, I was going to field the Ironskins clan tyrant who is 485.   Pfffft, thinlings!

Laugh it up, chubs. He kills full on units of Ogres each turn. Expect to see him a lot.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »

Laugh it up, chubs. He kills full on units of Ogres each turn. Expect to see him a lot.
How about Ironguts?  I'm up to 14 built so far.

I plan on adding your army's banner to my ragbanner!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 10:59:29 AM »
I have no idea what an iron gut is, but if it has wounds, he'll destroy it.
beep bop boop