Author Topic: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup  (Read 38382 times)

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
Re: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »
Ian - I can't do Tuesday due to a prior commitment, are there other days you can play this week?

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 11:44:34 PM »
I'll be around Thursday and can be available Friday.
beep bop boop

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 12:24:15 AM »
ATTENTION![/size]

Due to the oncoming Holiday The Deathcup League will be having an 'off week' next week.

I am going to extend Week 2 of the League to be a 2 week 'Week' only because of the Holiday. This will mean you can play more people or get in games that would be harder to get in because of the Holiday season. All the regular rules apply for this extended week, meaning no more than 2 games against the same person for this time period and so forth.

Have a good Holiday folks.

joebear

• Email
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »
Actually, Thursday sounds much better than Tuesday for me as well this week, as I'm meeting with the game designers meet-up group on Tuesday evening. It's kind of a huge hassle to stop at home after work, so I'm going to head out that way as soon as I'm out at around 2pm. Should be there at around 3 pm. I'll just fart around for a while if nobody is there yet.

This Friday is my last day at my current job, so I wouldn't mind playing much later than usual to celebrate the holidays/leaving my stressful office environment. Hope to see some of you on Thursday!

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
Thursday works for me as well. My team is all prettied up and ready to brawl!

joebear

• Email
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
The Snow Troll Cometh! He just arrived in the mail today!

And what's more, Greebo straight-up gave me a star player Skaven and their entire Norse Team for free to spread the holiday cheer! http://www.greebo.it/public/oscommerce2/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_49

If this suggestion is okay with the league, I'd like to regift Greebo's holiday karma and offer a loan of these Norse models to the guy that was playing Gobbos. I can't remember your name, but I fear Gobbos will turn you off to the game entirely and think you would have a much more enjoyable time with Norse. They actually like to win games and have interesting players and stuff. Of course you would have to find your own Yeti, as I'm using that awesome model for my Snow Underworld team, but you could borrow the rest of them (unglued and unpainted, assembly would be your job).

Maybe William Taft will finally inflict his first casualty now that he's no longer suffering the identity crisis of a Troll in the body of a miniscule Minotaur...but doubtful. The Whitepeak Warpdivers seem to have adopted the personality of League pacifists...

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2012, 12:43:06 AM »
Joe, that is awesome. Way to spread the spirit.

Also, thanks for reminding me about Greebo! Just ordered the Bull Centaurs my Chaos Dwarfs were sorely missing. Like I needed another team...
beep bop boop

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 05:08:04 AM »
.....my team just shot up in prices :( 1,260,000

guess thats what happens when you buy a re-roll and 3 guys lvl up in a game
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
Drew, Steve, and Moon - tomorrow is going to be a little weird for me. I have to take a friend to the airport at 4. So, Moon, if we start promptly at 1ish, we should definitely get our game in. After that, I'll need to leave for a while but should be back by 7 for the other games if that works.
beep bop boop

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
Great game last night against Dan, his Lizardmen got the win, but not without cost ;)

The Orcs have only played a couple of league games, hoping to change that this Friday, I'll be in the store most of the afternoon and into the night, Dan'll be there too I believe.

Cheers,
Alan.... (Still working on a cool team name..)
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »
Are you officially signed up? I know Tom had to drop your game with him because at that time you weren't.
beep bop boop

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »
I have been for a while.

So not sure why Tom would have to drop my game.

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2012, 01:48:13 PM »
Just went back and saw your post. Weird. I'd track Riley down.
beep bop boop

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2012, 02:07:03 PM »
I am planning on being at BG tomorrow from open to whenever. So I am interested in any games that can be fit in during that very specific time period.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
Just went back and saw your post. Weird. I'd track Riley down.

I have, getting it sorted... so that said. I'll be down Friday :)