Author Topic: Fantasy League Meeting  (Read 5602 times)

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
Fantasy League Meeting
« on: January 29, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »
Hey everyone,

The start date for the Fantasy League is Monday, February 16th and I'd like to meet with those who are interested in how the league is going to work. Chase and I were talking last night and we would like to clarify several issues with those who are interested in participating.

If you are interested in giving your input on certain aspects of the league please come to the store at 7:30 PM, next Monday, February 2nd. Topics of contention are:

* Should we make this an escalation league or an optional point spread decided on a per game basis?

* Challenge issues (in my opinion, the league can only function properly if all participants commit to coming down on a pre-set night of the week to issue and receive challenges).

* Should we have a set number of weeks or do the suggested 10 tiles = winner? I am leaning toward the 10 tiles = winner for reasons I'll explain at the meeting.

* How will we handle people who don't show up on the Challenge Stage night? How will we handle people who bail out of the league for any reason mid-season?

* Entrance fee will be $15. All of this will go towards prize support. What should the prize structure be like? Winner takes all? 2nd or 3rd place?

There are some other issues but we can discuss them on Monday. Please confirm here if you plan on attending.

Thanks!
D.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: Fantasy League Meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »
I will be there.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »
I'll be there too, sneering at the opposition.

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 07:39:15 AM »
I shall do my best to show up

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »
I'll try to be there.

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
depends on when im free from "work", but i'll try.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Parn_Halfmoon

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »
Will NEEEEEWWWWWBSSSS be viable in this league???

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 04:43:27 PM »
I know a few people who are joining this league are relatively new, and I always look forward to playing against someone new
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 05:13:16 PM by Poo the Great »

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »
Just a reminder: League meeting tonight at 7:30!
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »
for those who couldn't make it, what are the details of what was decided last night?

Poo the Great

• Paragon Tier Level 19
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 11:53:27 AM »
D will be posting most of them later but a few are

Escalation league with a minimum each week going to a maximum of 2250
I believe the set up was
Week 1 - 750-1250
Week 2 - 1000-1500
Week 3 - 1250-1750
Week 4 - 1500-2000
Week 5+ - 1750-2250

If players can agree on a certain point value i believe that they can play a much larger game but in the case of a new person with a small army the players always go to the person with a smaller army

The league ends when someone controls 10 tiles
(D will be posting the Mighty Empire book with the rules later)

League night meetings are Mondays, if you can't make monday then it would be pretty useless to join the league, as everyone needs to show up on one night and a good majority of the players who have already signed up or plan on signing up can make it that night

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »
League night meetings are Mondays, if you can't make monday then it would be pretty useless to join the league, as everyone needs to show up on one night and a good majority of the players who have already signed up or plan on signing up can make it that night

Okay, if it's Monday night that's doable. But I'm pretty sure I'll not be able to be there any earlier than 8:45(ish)

Is there a time on this?
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 01:52:06 PM »

Okay, if it's Monday night that's doable. But I'm pretty sure I'll not be able to be there any earlier than 8:45(ish)

Is there a time on this?

7:30 was start time as we wanted to wrap it up around 9pmish so people could still get a game in.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 02:53:30 PM »

Is there a time on this?

7:30 was start time as we wanted to wrap it up around 9pmish so people could still get a game in.

Okay so as long as I get there by nine, I'm in good shape. Gaming won't usually be on my schedule for a Monday.

Cheers,

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »
Actually, like Rich said, 7:30 is the start time. There's a lot of book keeping that requires everyone. We expect to end around nine.
beep bop boop