Author Topic: White Dwarf Rules  (Read 2011 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: White Dwarf Rules
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
The hardcover Codex thing really pisses me off, guys.  The WD thing seems minor by comparison.  I'd much rather it have have-to-have rules than be the glossy waste of space it was.

I agree.  If they had some compromise it would be best.  A great example of this is the mini rule book (Dark Vengeance / Black Reach) vs. the big book.  A mini rule book per codex and maybe a big ol' tome for us fluffer nutters.

They could even label the tomes as limited edition so us suckers buy em up faster.  ;)

EDIT:

But, with the ways they are going, I wouldn't be too surprised if they start using cards and such to streamline the rules.  I just hope it means cheaper and easier accessibility to the rules.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:45:49 PM by the_trooper »

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »
Cheaper?  Cheaper?  They sell a version of the psychic cards for iphone, for the same cost as the cards.  It's maybe the simplest app ever, no development cost had to be low, distribution cost is very low, same cost.  They sold an update for it that included the chaos powers for like $6.

THIS IS NOT A COMPANY THAT IS INTERESTED IN MEETING YOU HALF WAY.

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
They did tell me I could dance if I wanted to...

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »
So if someone prints out the "latest" rules from White Dwarf, how do you know they are real? In date? Etc.
Like any rules dispute...

In a casual game, you generally accept the player's word for it and determine the finer points after the game. 4+ roll if it becomes a significant problem.

In a tournament, you call over a judge.

In both cases, Warhammer is meant as a gentleman's game. Assuming your opponent is not a gentleman is approaching the game incorrectly.

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2013, 05:53:33 PM »
In both cases, Warhammer is meant as a gentleman's game. Assuming your opponent is not a gentleman is approaching the game incorrectly.

Ben Wins
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?