Author Topic: New Dark Angels Thread  (Read 7057 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: New Dark Angels Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2013, 10:46:01 PM »
Dark Angels got robbed! Oh noes!
beep bop boop

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2013, 11:49:38 PM »

I totaly agree there. 4 Flakk missle launchers? Yes please! When I do it sometime down the road im going to jazz it up by making them robbed marines. I always think that the Devs are the lowest inner circle members and should have robes.  This is a far superior answer than those over priced hunks of junk they call fliers to deal with enemy fliers. So many better options with an alies choice for fliers.

Funny you said that, I've got a pile of Devastator and DA Vet sprues in front of me making some up now. The pics in the codex of hooded space monks with missile launchers are pretty awesome.

Nice dude! I cant wait to see the pics!

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »
Ok new DA question,

So "missile launcher" for Dev Squads, Vet Squads, Tac Squads, Scout squads all come with Krak and Frag and Flakk is a 10pt upgrade.

however for Dreadnoughts "missile launcher" is just a base 10pt entry. Leading me to believe it has access to all 3 types in the back of the book.

thoughts?

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
No, it probably doesn't because the BRB book specifically says a unit needs the option for flakk specifically listed to have flakk.  (presumably in order to boost the sales of new units/models, no real legit reason why). 

THat brings on a related question, though...does the ravenwing grenade launcher just get all 4 grenade types for free?  When I saw the stats I was expecting there to be a per grenade purchase price, but I guess not.  That's really quite the tool kit, in so. 

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »
No, it probably doesn't because the BRB book specifically says a unit needs the option for flakk specifically listed to have flakk.  (presumably in order to boost the sales of new units/models, no real legit reason why). 

THat brings on a related question, though...does the ravenwing grenade launcher just get all 4 grenade types for free?  When I saw the stats I was expecting there to be a per grenade purchase price, but I guess not.  That's really quite the tool kit, in so.

Your probably right, looking again at the DA codex the armory section for missile launcher has you refer to the BRB which does state missile launchers get krak and frag and some have an option for Flakk

oh well, i guess enough other units in the codex have it already

as far as the grenade launcher thing, that looks pretty cut in dry as the only units with access to them are black knights and the RW command squad and neither of those entries says anything about upgrading them. They have nicely closed all the loopholes on Rad and Stasis to prevent questions like "do they stack"

amazing weapon, a must take for any army list that plans to assault

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »
Ok new DA question,

So "missile launcher" for Dev Squads, Vet Squads, Tac Squads, Scout squads all come with Krak and Frag and Flakk is a 10pt upgrade.

however for Dreadnoughts "missile launcher" is just a base 10pt entry. Leading me to believe it has access to all 3 types in the back of the book.

thoughts?

I wish other missle launchers did. Would make Cyclones so sick.