Author Topic: New Dark Angels Thread  (Read 7060 times)

Tsilber

Re: New Dark Angels Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 07:24:11 PM »
How is Ezekial only 145 points....

And a pure DW army might not be that popular. To the best of my knowledge, Death-wing assault does not ignore the "50% of your units must be deployed on the table". a Terminator squad does not have to DWA, so it does not ignore the 50% rule. I mean i guess you can walk 50% of your terminators across the board and DWA the other 50%.  /shrug

MM3791

• God
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »
And a pure DW army might not be that popular. To the best of my knowledge, Death-wing assault does not ignore the "50% of your units must be deployed on the table". a Terminator squad does not have to DWA, so it does not ignore the 50% rule. I mean i guess you can walk 50% of your terminators across the board and DWA the other 50%.  /shrug

Well if you use the first half of your Deathwing to hold home field objectives then I think it could work well.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
I'm a super happy they brought back the 2nd ed whacky invulnerable teleporting save.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »
The Zealot rule Asmodi, Interrogator-Chaplains and Chaplains have giving him and his unit Fearless and Hatred (which allows you to re-roll ALL misses first round of combat) is pretty nice, especially since hatred is usually confined to a certain enemy codex and not everyone

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:11 PM »
I do like the Deathwing Assault, where you choose whether units come in turn 1 or turn 2. I think that makes for interesting choices.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »
So the idea for the Libby is to sit back and Buff Dev squads or  tac squads sitting on home field objectives while Belial and his termies deep strike into their lines?

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »
I've done about half a dozen list so far and they're all different. The only things that have stayed constant are...

Azrael
IG allies
NOT wanting flyers or fancy landspeeders

Since i dont have a prayer of getting it all ready for templecon i look forward to Febuary lol

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 11:45:19 PM »
That's a bummer.  I was told the flyers were extremely aggressive point wise.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:30 PM »

Yup, they're just very expensive, about 50 pts more than a vendetta, but without much punch.  A vendetta is AV12, has 3 Twin-linked lascannons, and is a transport.  These are av 11, with larger number of mediocre shots.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »

Yup, they're just very expensive, about 50 pts more than a vendetta, but without much punch.  A vendetta is AV12, has 3 Twin-linked lascannons, and is a transport.  These are av 11, with larger number of mediocre shots.

yeah the weapon load outs on these things are absolute Garbage in my opinion

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 03:25:44 AM »
Yeah the load outs are only good, I guess that sucks.

The codex is sick, just like the chaos one.  Get an adult and they will tell you how cool it is.
Tiger's Den founding member

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »
I haven't written the flyer off quite yet. (Mainly because I bought one!)

I think there's potential there with the nephlim with the avenger bolter, the number of shots it can fire should be able to glance most planes out of the sky.

That said, I think a better anti-air strategy would be to take a x10 or a x5 man tactical with flakk missiles behind an aegis with a quad or Icarus (my preference)
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 11:00:28 AM »
The codex is great.  I like that they are elemental type "grim" (they all get stubborn, can't fall back on purpose), in an already grim world.  I think the Deathwing and Ravenwing are great, and I think the respective knights are even cooler.  (it gives you a reason to take non-troops)  I love the Command Squads, and I love that they're the only thing that can take a banner, which makes them special (the 3 man ravenwing command squad, no option to enlarge, might have been a mistake, though). 

The special characters are all cool as hell (eziekiel does indeed seem a little too cheap).

All the "new" units are just pants, though.  (not counting the knights)  Both flyers are too expensive with no real punch.  The Land Speeder Vengence has hella punch, but c'mon, AV 10 and 2 hull points?  It is going to be blown away so easily, it's ridiculous.  The Darkshroud I could see being useful as mobile buff bubble....ravenwing knights have skilled rider so you could actually get them down to a 2++ cover on a turboboost move, whihc is pretty sweet.  So that, at least, has value.  But it's not for everybody. 

andalucien

• God
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »
Haha, everyone loves this codex...  I guess I'll be the grumpy guy in the corner.  I guess since I'm not a Space-Marine type of mofo, I don't appreciate the subtle distinctions between regular termies, Deathwing Termies, Darkdim termies, Dimdark bikes, Greywhang Circle bikers, etc.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
-RW bikers shooting up with Deep Striking DW terminators turn 2.
-Azreal leading a 50 man blob unit
-Darkshroud hanging out behind an Aegis line behind Leman Russ squadron giving them a perma 3+ cover save
-RW Bikers that shoot rad grenades combined with Enfeeble (or GK Rad Grenades) to make something -2 toughness
-Jack taking Ravenwing Bikers chasing my Nurgle bikers around an objective for 4 turns.

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.