Author Topic: [Abington MA] Battleground 40k Doubles Event - 2/16  (Read 8935 times)

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Re: [Abington MA] Battleground 40k Doubles Event - 2/16
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »
I almost never read BOLS, but occasionally they get something good by someone good.  Reece is a good egg, and knows his stuff pretty well.  BAO looks kind of great, aside from the venue. Hearing that they're going to move to a hotel in the future makes it much more likely that I'd consider going.  The article is fine, but I'm in the camp of folks who prefer to see some creativity and variety in GT missions.  Chase's post was pretty awesome and had a lot of good points that I agree with.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2013, 10:32:32 AM »
For the most part Bols Articles are either Terribad, or a collection of news/rumors from either warseer or Nafta.

This is true.  It often amazes me how meaningless BOLS articles are, and yet they get the most traffic by far, I guess? 

I hear good things about BAO.  It does not appear to be non-serious, if that's what you're getting at.  Anyway, I still found this particular article interesting.

A broken clock can tell you the time of day, twice and actually be correct. Discounting an article based on a source is a great way to filter out bad data on the internet. I have tons of evidence to support this thought process. Just because it is *sometimes* decent at being a wargaming news aggregation site doesn't make it any less "lol BOLS".

I do really wish that GW would take cues from other companies given how unbalanced their game is. "Balanced" missions are the least of my worry in 6th edition.

To pretend that the only thing that makes 40k unbalanced is missions is ignoring the giant pink Matt Ward in the room.

Chase is right.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »
For the most part Bols Articles are either Terribad, or a collection of news/rumors from either warseer or Nafta.

This is true.  It often amazes me how meaningless BOLS articles are, and yet they get the most traffic by far, I guess? 

I hear good things about BAO.  It does not appear to be non-serious, if that's what you're getting at.  Anyway, I still found this particular article interesting.

A broken clock can tell you the time of day, twice and actually be correct. Discounting an article based on a source is a great way to filter out bad data on the internet. I have tons of evidence to support this thought process. Just because it is *sometimes* decent at being a wargaming news aggregation site doesn't make it any less "lol BOLS".

I do really wish that GW would take cues from other companies given how unbalanced their game is. "Balanced" missions are the least of my worry in 6th edition.

To pretend that the only thing that makes 40k unbalanced is missions is ignoring the giant pink Matt Ward in the room.

Chase is right.

Are you saying Matt Ward is fat?

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »

I was just implying he likes peanuts and has an astonishing memory.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2013, 06:29:20 PM »
I'm happy to say that this event is shaping up pretty well.

We've got 27ish teams signed up (before emailing out reminders).  It should be a good one!  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

andalucien

• God
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
All, I am seeking a teammate!  Check here ... http://www.battlegroundgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=5329.0
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »
My weepy space vampires are getting their space jets in order with the help of some space shark people. Pumped.
beep bop boop