Author Topic: Sooo... templecon...  (Read 1186 times)

andalucien

• God
Re: Sooo... templecon...
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
Oh yeah, and simon, thanks for posting that :)  I haven't been playing my sisters at all lately, I'm waiting until I can get motivated to paint up some old AT-43 models that will either be a bunch of Acolytes or Guardsmen, to go with them (haven't decided which yet).

Interesting, no Vendetta.  How come?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »
I think flyers are bad for the game and refuse to take them on principle.

Mannahnin

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 11:11:03 PM »
My Space Dragon would like a word with your Space Angel.  :)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 11:36:21 PM »
I got away from bringing Vendettas as well, 3 tl lascannon shots that may not show up until turn 4 just aren't worth it imo, the points can be way better spend elsewhere.

That being said there are some good flyers, like the Necron flyers and the helldrake (fraking ap3 flaming vector striking piece of #@$*!)

I really need to put more anti-flyer in my lists, ran into a couple problems with flyers at templecon

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 11:43:37 PM »
My Space Dragon would like a word with your Space Angel.  :)

If it would care to hover for just a moment, she'd be happy to provide one.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 02:18:34 AM »
Seems like a good event.  The scores were interesting me to.

I'd like to see the scenarios.

I'd also like to see the 20ish names I don't recognize come up to BG one of these days.

Congrats people!
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 08:01:25 AM »
Hey Bill, how did you like the Mawloc?   I have been wondering how well he would work.

The Mawloc to be honest I was less than impressed with. It was my first games with but I am not putting any weight into his lack of luster mostly due to my opponents. I played against flamer/screamer spam and warp quake most of the tournament so putting him where I wanted was difficult. The one game that didn't have much warp quake or flamers/screamers he did his job. He popped up, took alot of fire then charged a unit to contest an objective so no complaints. I was even less impressed with the Doom; again because of my matchups.

Oh and Simon, I wanted a practice game against you! Someone stood me up!!! Good thing Ragnar was there to pick up the pieces of my broken heart Friday night.

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »
I know, me too! But my train was delayed by several hours, so I didn't get in until almost 2 Thursday night, and we didn't end up going to the Doubles, and etcetera....

But next time I'm down, I want to try out those nids and see how it goes. I guarantee that Mawlac/Doom will be better against me than they were this weekend.