Author Topic: Chaos Demons very shortly, apparently.  (Read 8989 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Re: Chaos Demons very shortly, apparently.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
I would love for Daemons to really mess with Psykers. That's long overdue.

I like this though, "Some kind of reward for going mono-god."

It gets my imagination going, like...

Khorne: All units get Rage.
Nurgle: All units get 4+ FNP.
Slaanesh: All units have a 4+ invulnerable in close combat.
Tzeentch: One re-roll per game turn.

haha, sounds about right. Poor Tzeentch.

MM3791

• God

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 10:33:43 AM »
I have a feeling Pavane and Gift of Chaos will be going away they are not in the current Chaos Marine codex.
"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »
I hope they conform the Daemons to being Psykers instead of justhaving powers.  It would fit more in the 40k universe for them to be actaul psykers
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/02/chaos-daemons-rules-for-blood-thirsters.html

Blood thirsters......holy wow.  I'm alright with a 280 pt model being pretty badass, but.....wow.  I'm assuming demonic flight is just standard FMC but it would be interesting if they weren't. 

Conversely, am I wrong, or does it look like bloodletters just suck even worse now? Ok, two pts cheaper, +1 str, but naked and AP4?  Do they seriously not realize how useless AP 4 is? 

This is sad, because if I were do demons, I'd definitely want to do Khorne, because, y'know, juggernauts, but it sounds like the troops would suck.

dance of death: 40pts
pick an enemy unit at the beginning of the game, that unit must roll a initiative test every turn of the game or is under the control of the daemon player. The unit under control may charge friendly models but cannot move off the board or into any piece of terrain that can cause hard to the model. If the enemy passes the initiative test more than three times during the battle then the dance has been removed for the remainder of the game.

Oh, god, it's lash of slaanesh all over again.  I don't care if it's balanced, or even overcosted, taking away control from the opponent is just frustrating and leads to an unfun game.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
I suspect that latest rumor dump will turn out to be totally fake.   Something about it all just screams "fanboy wishlisting" to me.  The names of the powers and weapons are a little TOO cheesy, even for GW.   It doesn't make sense that they'd want to make Daemonettes even worse than they already were.  I doubt that they would print a monstrous creatures with 6 wounds that can't even be hurt by anything less than str 6.  Etc etc.

Mind you, this is how I wish they WOULD make the greater daemons... maybe not quite this powerful, but with lots of special rules like that.   
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 12:06:54 PM »
dance of death: 40pts
pick an enemy unit at the beginning of the game, that unit must roll a initiative test every turn of the game or is under the control of the daemon player. The unit under control may charge friendly models but cannot move off the board or into any piece of terrain that can cause hard to the model. If the enemy passes the initiative test more than three times during the battle then the dance has been removed for the remainder of the game.

Yeah, this is another thing that seems fake to me.  It's just way too swingy.  Against some armies (like marines), it's just "kooky and sometimes broken".   However, imagine this against Necrons.   For 40 pts, I essentially take control of your unit of wraiths with no further actino necessary.  That's about a 450 point swing for the points of the unit alone, even without taking into consideration that I've now deployed an elite assault unit right next to all of your other stuff.

Or, god forbid, against Nids.  I pay 40 pts to steal your 230 point Tervigon permanently? 

No way this is real.
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »
Yup.  I kinda agree.  For me, it was the bloodletters that were convincing me that it was fake, but good point with the dance of death power.  That would basically be auto-win against many Necron and Tyranid players.  (A 'nid player could probably survive losing control of a carnifex or tervigon, but wouldn't be happy.  But a wraith unit going rouge in their back lines?  Yeah, that could wipe him out, quickly)

I don't have a problem with the Nugle Demons stats.  6 Wounds is pretty common now, and Iron arm already makes it wasy to get it to T8.  It's slow though, not winged, so you have plenty of time to bring it down.  I don't see a problem.

That blood thirster though...basically no way to kill it in CC.  Which is OK, good even, it's fine for the swarmlord.  But bringing down a FMC before it gets to you is very luck dependent.  You'll either get lucky and bring it down and he'll have wasted 280 pts, or it'll kill your whole army.  I don't see too much of that as skill dependent. 

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:12 PM »
A we've all learned by now we neeed to take rumors just before a codex release with a jar of salt. Just look at all the rumors preceding the latest DA codex.

While certainly overpowered in its current rumored form i think if they bring daemons into the fold of psychic powers thereby making it a alot more balanced given how many armies have psychic defenses in one form or another

MM3791

• God
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »
A we've all learned by now we neeed to take rumors just before a codex release with a jar of salt. Just look at all the rumors preceding the latest DA codex.

It's codex release tradition to hit the panic button before the book hits shelves  ;D

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
and here are the pics...

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/02/chaos-daemon-pics-have-arrived.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29

Plague drones aren't nearly as cool looking as the FW Blight drones imo but Daemons aren't my thing so what do i know.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »
Ewwww.  I'm not a fan of.....any of that, really.  The plague drones look to be a form of monstrous cav....that is barely even hovering, but just on a flying base to make it harder to transport..  I wonder if there is even something related for 40k.  Anyway the elephant/fly look isn't really where I think it's at.  Not that I'm a really a nurgle fan, so maybe I'm a poor judge.  I liked Blight drones, though.

The Khorne chariots look just too flowey and light.  They look more appropriate to slaneesh or Tzeentch.  Khorne models need to speak of impact/spikes/metal/death.  These are like the metrosexuals of the blood god.  (I think juggernauts represent Khorne well.  Blood letters not so much, actually, but they have a huge sword and horns, so that makes up for it)

I guess I hate the Tzeentch chariots least of all, cuz I like a good screamer model, but these are entirely too busy, even for tzeentch.  Esepcially the first one--the magical vomit coming out severely gets in the way of and detracts from the body of the actual model.  Seriously an idea of, "wouldn't that be neat!" that wasn't well thought out. 

andalucien

• God
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 08:12:07 PM »
Yeah those models are pretty ugly in those pictures... maybe it's just the grainy pictures (hopefully?)

Yes, those drones might even be a best case scenario for my blighteys... roughly similar in size, but my models are way better looking so they can be "visual upgrades" ... :)

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 08:44:54 PM »
I hate the way blood letters look. They look so dumb compaired to the pewter ones which not only looked cooler, were better.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »
Geez harsh critics, I think the models are awesome.. I look forward to upgrading my daemon army.