Author Topic: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1850pt Singles Tournament - 3/30/2013  (Read 8170 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Plainville MA

Format: Singles (1v1) 1850 points per person
Date: March 30th, 2013 a Saturday
Time: Please be here no later than 9:15am.  Set up at 9:45am.  Dice roll no later than 10:00am.
Entrance Fee:  $20.00

Please note the earlier start time.

Address:
25 Taunton Street
Plainville MA 02762

Find us on Google Maps

Check out our Facebook Page

This event will be capped at 32 players.

RULES FOR WARHAMMER 40K TOURNAMENT

Rule Books:
The Warhammer 40,000 SIXTH Edition Rules will be used.

The following is a list of legal army choices:
Codex: Black Templars
Codex: Blood Angels
Codex: Chaos Daemons (new book is legal)
Codex: Chaos Space Marines
Codex: Grey Knights
Codex: Dark Angels
Codex: Dark Eldar
Codex: Eldar
Codex: Imperial Guard
Codex: Necrons
Codex: Orks
Codex: Space Marines
Codex: Space Wolves
Codex: Tau Empire
Codex: Tyranids
Codex: Sister of Battle (White Dwarf)

MODELS AND POINTS:

1. Each player must bring an army consisting of 1850 points (but no fewer than 1825), in accordance with these rules...

2. All models must follow “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). All weapons, war gear, and so forth must be represented on the model.

3. Pictures of conversions or "counts as" models must be emailed to the Tournament Organizer unless they have previously been approved.

4. Warlord Traits - At the start of each game, before deployment, select two tables.  Roll a die for each table.  Choose ONE of the two results as your Warlord Trait for that game.

5. Psychic Powers - At the start of each game, prior to deployment, players may choose to select the psychic powers listed in their Codex as normal OR swap them for a number of rolls on the psychic disciplines tables per the Warhammer 40,000 rule book. Unless stated otherwise, you MAY NOT mix and match Codex and rule book powers.

6. Unfortunately, Forge World Imperial Armor units (and army lists) may NOT be used in this event.  Forge world models may be used where appropriate, however.

7. We will require that each participant submits an itemized army list to a Battleground Tournament Organizer on or before Monday, March 25th (roughly a week before the event).  An Army Builder .pdf is preferred but a detailed text file (.txt) is acceptable.  PLEASE include the number of points each upgrade and unit costs on your list.

Please email lists to ChaseLaq@gmail.com as soon as they are finalized.

8. If illegal units or other rules violations are found in a player’s army list, at a minimum, the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. In addition, tournament points may be deducted and/or award eligibility may be forfeited. If in doubt, please ask for clarification in advance from a Battleground Tournament Organizer.

9.  Restrictions:

• This event will not use "Mysterious Terrain" (p.102-103).
       • This event will not use "Archotech Artefacts" (p 106).
       • This event will not use "Unique Terrain" (p. 107).
       • This event will not allow The Fortress of Redemption.

A modified version of 3 book SCENARIOS will be used.  Certain details will be posted shortly.  They are going to adhere as closely to the book as is reasonable and doable.

HOW THE TOURNAMENT WORKS:

• Competitors will participate in three (3) games over the course of the day. In each game, you will play a scenario and record the outcome of the battle on your results sheet. Each round you will play a different opponent.  Each round will last 2 hours and players will be given 15 minutes to deploy before this timer starts.

• In the first round, players will be matched up randomly. After the first round, players will be matched up according to current rankings in the tournament (based on the number of points they've scored) e.g., the player in first place will play the player in second place and so on. We will try our best not to pair players that come to the event together or regularly play each other in the first round. If a player receives a BYE they will be awarded the average of the winning players points for the round.

• You will not play the same person twice.

• We will do our best to prevent a player from playing on the same table twice.

• The pairings for each round will be announced as soon as they are determined. Please be sure to arrive at your table ready to play right away.

• Slow playing will NOT be tolerated.  Players are expected to complete at least 4 rounds in each game.  If you suspect your opponent is slow playing PLEASE notify a Battleground staff member as soon as possible as we can not do anything about alleged slow play after the fact.

• Each game will be played on a 4' x 6' board.

• Players will receive Results Sheets and Player's Choice Sheets for each round at the beginning of the event. Each results sheet must be filled in properly to ensure that match-ups and point totals are correct. Once the sheets are completed they are to be turned in at the counter so the scores can be entered into the computer.

BATTLES:

The SIXTH Edition Rulebook and FAQ will be in use for all games and will be the definitive guide for all rules. The time limit for each game is 2 hours. At the end of this time limit, the round will be called; players will need to finish the round as quickly as possible.

What You Need to Bring with You:
-Your (hopefully painted) miniatures
-At least TWO copies of your army list
-Rulebooks are required as are any additional books you need
-Pen and paper
-Dice and templates
-Tape measure
-Something to transport your army from table to table

STORE CREDIT AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT TO:
Store credit is good for any product in the store and all subsequent events.  It never expires and will be saved for you.

Best General
Second Best Generals
Third Best Generals

Player's Choice
Best Appearance
Smokin' Boots

• A player may only receive one award, the exception to this is Best Appearance.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:32:11 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

SiniStarR

• Email
Re: [Plainville MA] Warhammer 40k 1850pt Singles Tournament - 3/30/2013
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:38:37 PM »
ahhhh damn. I may have missed it, but what about allies?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:51:34 PM »
ahhhh damn. I may have missed it, but what about allies?

Everything is as normal as far as army comp goes.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:39 AM »
Has there always been a 32 Player cap?
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:06 AM »
Are models required to be painted/based to any standards?

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
No painting requirement however models need to be based according to rules.  No painting on bases either however.  EVERYTHING needs to be WYSIWYG
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
Has there always been a 32 Player cap?

It's usually 40, but 16 tables is a lot easier than a potential 20.  It requires moving things around a lot less.

Coming off of PAX East I'm in the market to have to move things as little as possible.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 01:40:05 PM »
No painting requirement however models need to be based according to rules.  No painting on bases either however.  EVERYTHING needs to be WYSIWYG

This.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »
Are models required to be painted/based to any standards?

It should be noted, it will be very difficult to win Player's Choice without a painted army. But you can sure win Best General. :)

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
I honestly wouldn't mind if we required painted armies more often.  Or at least like 75% painted (everyone understands that sometimes you bought and added a new unit).  No one likes to play a grey army, it hurts the eyes. 

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
I honestly wouldn't mind if we required painted armies more often.  Or at least like 75% painted (everyone understands that sometimes you bought and added a new unit).  No one likes to play a grey army, it hurts the eyes.

Obviously playing a painted army is more fun and in the future maybe BG can start doing events that have several months lead time for people to fine-tune their lists and get it painted (perhaps next years invitational for example)

You have to look at it from a business perspective as BG is a business. More requirements mean less people attending which means less income. Every tournament at BG I've ever attended you have maybe 25% fully painted armies, 50% half or almost fully painted, and 25% naked or primed.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »
Mur, if I had to do a "poll from memory" I'd say there was maybe 1 completely unpainted army per event, maybe a handful that were some form of partially unpainted, at most. 

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
I don't mean to give the impression that my entire army isn't painted, but I do have 2-3 models I'd want to run in an 1850 that I haven't had time to get to. Figured I'd make sure it's not a problem to put them in a list before I drive out.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 08:22:32 PM »
So I definitely started out a tactical player first, painter second.  (though pretty much all my stuff is painted, all the time, now, I'm stll never going to win painting awards)  I'm pretty understanding when someone has, say, 1 unit unpainted, even 2.  But when the whole army is at least half undone, that's when I get to feeling, "there outta be a rule".  That's pretty rare at BG, but it does happen. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:25:24 PM by Sir_Prometheus »

andalucien

• God
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
Personally I would vote for a 100% painted policy.   Not that I've always fielded all painted models but I try. 
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.