Author Topic: Looking for Play Testers  (Read 1252 times)

CHWiley

Looking for Play Testers
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:57:32 AM »
It is the 1950’s. The world has recovered from the Second World War, there is much tension between the superpowers of the decade, and science is beginning to test the fetters of gravity and reach for the unknown of space. There is hope rising in the hearts of men, but there are shadows that lurk in Dark Places. It is a time of secrets and stealth,  Just as some reach for the hope and promise of tomorrow, others plumb the depths of madness and the occult to release un-nameable horrors, and doom humanity to a horrific fate. The Corporis Custodiis is a globe-spanning network of volunteers founded to keep these enemies of the world in check, wherever they may surface. Secrecy and anonymity are key to the survival of its members.

As Agents of the Corporis Custodiis, the Body that Watches, you are charged with keeping the human race safe from these horrible ends. Crucial information has been gathered. Devious plans have been executed. Dark rituals have begun. An ancient evil is rising. Called from your places of watching and waiting, it is up to you to keep it at bay. Save the world from the disaster that beckons. It does not matter who you are, nor even, if you perish in your efforts, only that these dark deeds fail. There is no choice. You must heed the call. The clock is ticking. The time is now.

Hello,

The above is the introduction to a game I have been developing over the last two years. I am a woodworker, artist, musician located in Canton, MA, and I have reached the point where I am looking for people to play test this title.

Set in the H. P. Lovecraft mythos it is a game for 1-4 players. This is a cooperative game. Game time ranges from 30-120 minutes depending on the number of players. It plays well as a solo experience but is equally balanced with more players.

I have some other ideas in the works as well that may be ready to play in the near future. I would be happy to travel to make this convenient for anyone interested. I am willing to host as well and provide food and beverages for any game sessions. I am hoping to try and publish, if play testing yeilds positive results, but would be just as happy to simply have this played and enjoyed(?) by some other gamers.

Please contact me if you are interested in helping out. I am interested in connecting with anyone else who may be developing some ideas, needs play testing, or just starting some dialogue around any of this.

Thanks for reading, and Happy Gaming!

Chris