Author Topic: any helpful hints  (Read 2726 times)

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
any helpful hints
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:36:35 AM »
As the days go by iv been slowly getting my army together but i have just been having some issues with some of the models when i try to glue them together the glue is not setting in and they keep falling apart. Any tips or suggestions on trying to correct that or try something different?

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: any helpful hints
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
Sometimes the models have a thin coating on them that aids in their removal from molds. You may find that washing the pieces before assembly helps.

I'd also recommend Zip Kicker; a glue accelerant. It instantly cures super glue for a quick hold. Its really useful on warjacks.
beep bop boop

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:50:12 AM »
thanks ill give that a try tonight.......trying to have the army built before tomorrow so i can bring it in but to many things have gone wrong in assembly, but its what i expected with my first army lol

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »
Pinning is great for warchine since there are alot of big heavy parts going to small joints.  zip kicker is great for getting them together but i've found it is fragile in the long run
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:25:33 PM »
yea im taking any ideas now hehe, im getting most of the stuff attached to the bases but having trouble with the extras and appendages actually setting. 

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »
For large warjack appendages you can pin them as well.

I have not had too much trouble with zip kicker being weak in the long run except when I either let go too soon (4-5 seconds of holding after zip kicking seems to work) or I use an inappropriately large amount of super glue.

For smaller figures I still have appendages fall off from time to time. Picking up a nice transport case helps a lot but I have more than one Nyss that needs an arm re-attached.

If you are a lunatic (me) you can pin at least some of the tiny joints but it takes a LOT of time, loads of drill bits, etc.  I can't honestly recommend it, but I do have some models I did this with.

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »
thanks for all the help i ended up picking up some zip kicker and some new glue everything seems to be comming together now all i really have left is a few more models and my jacks to deal with.