Author Topic: June Release: Eldar  (Read 6108 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: June Release: Eldar
« Reply #105 on: June 05, 2013, 03:22:07 PM »
Okay, cool.  That's what I thought.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

andalucien

• God
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2013, 04:19:25 PM »
I will bet someone a burrito that the Iyanden supplement will allow you to make your Wraithknight the warlord WITHOUT making it an HQ.   
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »
Using the rules in Iyanden allows you, for example, to take a Wraithknight as your Warlord. If that's not a fearsome prospect for your opponents to face then I don't know what is. There are also Iyanden-specific Warlord traits and the option to take a council of Spiritseers, plus three new battle missions and five scenarios to fight with your army. There are even stratagems for Cities of Death and Planetstrike for you to use on an unsuspecting enemy.

When you start talking about mission types, cities of death, planetstrike and strategems, this has me worried about the rules content.  No one uses those rules.  How "legit" are options, such as taking your wriath knight as an HQ going to be?

There is a difference between warlord and HQ, m i rite?

Not really.  Or, specifically, you have to be an HQ first to be the warlord.  Not really the point, anyway.

Yeah, there is no chance that there could be a rule that makes and exception to that.  I mean the rule leak clearly stated HQ and not warlord.  Not the opposite, m i rite?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »
I'm trying to be optimistic.  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »
Using the rules in Iyanden allows you, for example, to take a Wraithknight as your Warlord. If that's not a fearsome prospect for your opponents to face then I don't know what is. There are also Iyanden-specific Warlord traits and the option to take a council of Spiritseers, plus three new battle missions and five scenarios to fight with your army. There are even stratagems for Cities of Death and Planetstrike for you to use on an unsuspecting enemy.

When you start talking about mission types, cities of death, planetstrike and strategems, this has me worried about the rules content.  No one uses those rules.  How "legit" are options, such as taking your wriath knight as an HQ going to be?

There is a difference between warlord and HQ, m i rite?

Not really.  Or, specifically, you have to be an HQ first to be the warlord.  Not really the point, anyway.

Yeah, there is no chance that there could be a rule that makes and exception to that.  I mean the rule leak clearly stated HQ and not warlord.  Not the opposite, m i rite?

I'm not really sure what you're making a stink about.  But no, I rate almost no chance that you'll be able to have it be a warlord without being an HQ.

None of which is my point, my point is when you start bringing up strategems, new missions types, plaentstrike, I start to think it's "fake" rules rather than "canon" rules....i.e. rules that will never get used. 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »
I wonder if it's just more poor wording on the part of GW or if it's intended.
I'm certain that the poor wording is intended.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2013, 09:23:26 PM »
I wonder if it's just more poor wording on the part of GW or if it's intended.
I'm certain that the poor wording is intended.

(y)
beep bop boop

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: June 05, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
there is a human pilot inside and aspirit pilot. It could be possible for them to switch it and only allow the 1 in the hq slot.
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu