Author Topic: June Release: Eldar  (Read 6107 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: June Release: Eldar
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 05:40:36 PM »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

andalucien

• God
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 05:46:50 PM »
Can someone riddle me this:

Why are the dreadknight, the riptide, and the wraithlord "monstrous creatures", whereas the Dreadnought is a walker?   These should all be walkers...  they are not alive...
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
Well technically the wraithknight is undead, and the riptide and dreadknight both have living pilots inside. The wraithlord was always a monstrous creature.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 06:44:03 PM »
Look, I know I sound like a negative nancy, but I really don't want anything bigger.  The riptide is awesome, but it's freaking logistical nightmare to transport.  Two of 'em would damn near take up my entire battle foam case by themselves, and $85 is still too damn much. 

MM3791

• God
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 06:53:43 PM »
Look, I know I sound like a negative nancy, but I really don't want anything bigger.  The riptide is awesome, but it's freaking logistical nightmare to transport.  Two of 'em would damn near take up my entire battle foam case by themselves, and $85 is still too damn much.

Don't let any IG players here you say that lol, not sure about now but in 5th most Guard players came in with about 3 boxes of tanks worth about $500

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
I'm sure they feel like they're offering a similar product to the Privateer Press Colossals (~$135).  The Riptide is close to the same height but is still less bulky... But then again, it's 50 dollars less (20 dollars less for the Eldar guy).

They definitely do take up a lot of space in the army transport bags, although I'm not sure that will ever factor into the production of new models.

How cool they are / look probably trumps logistics.

NateT

• Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 07:30:20 PM »
Is that a 3 pack of marine bikes for $40?  Not bad actually!  They were $15 for one right?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
Is that a 3 pack of marine bikes for $40?  Not bad actually!  They were $15 for one right?

Yup + Yup.  :)

King of the Elves

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
Wow, I really chose a bad time to place my $230 battlefoam order. But I'll be sure to let Cale what I want, and that Knight better be amazing!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 08:46:04 PM »
The up side, Dylan, is that it might be another 3 weeks before the BF order shows up.

King of the Elves

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 09:35:25 PM »
The up side, Dylan, is that it might be another 3 weeks before the BF order shows up.

Umm, yay!? Oh well, but does anyone have links to the flyer at all? I want to see how it compares to my nightwing. 

andalucien

• God
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:57 PM »
Well technically the wraithknight is undead, and the riptide and dreadknight both have living pilots inside. The wraithlord was always a monstrous creature.

Well, isn't a dreadnought also "undead" in exactly the same way as a wraithnight (or a Wraithlord)?   And, having a living pilot inside sure makes it sound more like a vehicle.   After all, Sentinels, Vendettas, Rhinos, and Leman Russes all have living pilots inside as well.

Actually I vaguely remember from high school (before i stopped playing for 15 years) that what we call a "Wraithlord" now used to be called an "Eldar Dreadnought"?

It's kind of funny... they still count a Soul Grinder as a walker, and  Soul Grinder actually IS half alive.  It's more like a monstrous creature than any of these constructs IMHO...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 11:26:07 PM by andalucien »
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »
i don't think those prices include a built in june price hike (though i'll be unsurprised if there is one....)

115 for a battleforce and the 50 dollar codex is the current pricing

GW is just continuing their pricing rediculousness with a 115 dollar monstrous creature

same price as a damn baneblade or a stompa

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 11:48:26 PM »
I meant to ask the rep today about a June price hike.  I figure we'd have heard about it by now...  We typically know a month ahead of time.... But then again we used to know a lot of stuff a month ahead of time that we don't know at all anymore.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:37 AM »
I'm sure they feel like they're offering a similar product to the Privateer Press Colossals (~$135).  The Riptide is close to the same height but is still less bulky... But then again, it's 50 dollars less (20 dollars less for the Eldar guy).

They definitely do take up a lot of space in the army transport bags, although I'm not sure that will ever factor into the production of new models.

How cool they are / look probably trumps logistics.

I don't know that $135 is entirely reasonable for a colossal, either.  But a colossal is also like half an army. 

Who's models?