Author Topic: Doubles Tournament  (Read 25059 times)

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
Re: Doubles Tournament
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 02:56:17 PM »
Previous issues where this question arose of using other people's army effects on teammates armies has been ruled as a 'No'. In regards to Teleport homers, Icons of Chaos and the like unless they specifically state in the rules for that piece of equipment that it effects friendly units. In regards to the giving of orders to another Guard Army from a Teammates Guard army I would believe this would be ruled as a 'No' as well, since it was allready ruled that Vulkan's rule of all Meltas and Flamers in the army are twin-linked does not extend to his teammates army I see the issuing of orders to be a long the same lines, but as it is a new Guard rule that I am not that familiar with I may be wrong, how is the rule worded for issuing orders?

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
Ok,

That's cool, I understand.

I always kinda liked it when you got to use each other's abilities when you were using the same codex, kinda added a cool element to and a bonus to those players that didn't take unfeasable alliances ala Marines and Choas, etc.

"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »
Is it legal to have a Space Marine player and a Chaos Space Marine player team up?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »
Yes,  you can have any team make-up.  I am not sure if the store is doing the same exact event as last year.  Each team wrote a sort of short story of why the two were allied, obviously this makes the same army team-ups kind of a bland read unless you have this mental back story to your army.

I remember the guys that won last year for the story portion was a team of a tyranid and space marines.  The story was that the main hive mind had taken over the commander's brain and was tainting him much like chaos to work the marines to its greater will.   It had a whole brain bug feel from starship troopers but it worked really well with their theme.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »
Previous issues where this question arose of using other people's army effects on teammates armies has been ruled as a 'No'. In regards to Teleport homers, Icons of Chaos and the like unless they specifically state in the rules for that piece of equipment that it effects friendly units. In regards to the giving of orders to another Guard Army from a Teammates Guard army I would believe this would be ruled as a 'No' as well, since it was allready ruled that Vulkan's rule of all Meltas and Flamers in the army are twin-linked does not extend to his teammates army I see the issuing of orders to be a long the same lines, but as it is a new Guard rule that I am not that familiar with I may be wrong, how is the rule worded for issuing orders?

Thanks, Steve.

The answer is, "no" then.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 08:54:03 PM »
Would I be correct in assuming too that you should follow the allies chart in the apoc. book?  And transports as well for allies would be a no?

Trying to clear my schedule so I can play.  If I can get an anwser by this week's end anyone gonna need a space marine player as a partner?
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 09:05:12 PM »
There isn't a matrix for this event, just you and a buddy make a 2500 list and enter. 

No, you can not share transports or army benifits.  You should just look at it like any two player game.  Friendly refers to your units, ally refers to you team mate's forces.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 10:01:01 PM »
There isn't a matrix for this event, just you and a buddy make a 2500 list and enter. 

No, you can not share transports or army benifits.  You should just look at it like any two player game.  Friendly refers to your units, ally refers to you team mate's forces.

Pretty much what I figured. Thanks.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 10:32:23 AM »
If anybody reading these forums is still looking for a team mate, I would suggest that you might wanna hit this thread this week since the tournament is less than two weeks off.

I know that Steve D and his Khorne are looking to hope in, and a few other people said they were looking into entering. 

Sadly, I am already on a team.  I know tears, saddness, even depression that you will not be able to bask in my glory.  Its ok though.  You can all still admire me from a distance.

And Lee is still Big Ol' Ginger head....

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »
I hear you are using some pervy marines, is this true Mr Nolzn?

Ravenous

• Email
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 11:29:48 AM »
Im droppin in my pervy marines too! And maybe i can exact revenge for those noise marines being bought, with the help of a certain dirty ginger of course. Boo yeah!

Team 2 Girls 1 Cup. Gooooooooooooo!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 04:59:22 PM »
Chris, are you and Lee planning to play together?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:04 AM »
horrifying post chris, just aweful. 

I dobut my marines will be ready, never fear though I have Orks and Tau at the ready.

As far as buying the marines, well there is another box waiting to be adopted.  All ya gotta do is find your way back from that school of yours to get them. 

HA I say to your higher learning.

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 01:47:39 AM »
Yep im looking for my World Eaters to have a team up

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
I talked to a guy last saturday for a team up but lost his contact information.  Not sure if he got another partner.  Dont even remember his name.  But on the flip side I need a partner.
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing