Author Topic: Storms and Shadows Official Rulebook  (Read 6689 times)

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
Storms and Shadows Official Rulebook
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:58:10 PM »
Evening Gents,

As promised, here is the official Storms and Shadows Rulebook. A paper copy is to follow at Battlegrounds in the next few days. Enjoy and don't hesitate to ask questions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34010283/Storm%20and%20Shadows.pdf
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
Re: Storms and Shadows Official Rulebook
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:54:19 AM »
Dont bother opening if you dont have the OLD version of adobe reader.  You have to have version 9 or Acrobat 8.  Might want to update your software most everyone will be on reader 10
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »
Looks awesome, I'll be signing up soon (possibly tonight?).  I look forward to it!
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »
except for Brad.. LOL

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 09:57:56 AM »
Hey, thanks for letting me know. Odd, I actually used pretty recent software. I'll upload it in a few different formats tonight. A paper copy will be at battlegrounds tonight as well.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
Yeah, I'm running Linux, which shockingly just works  :o
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

MM3791

• God
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »
I have Adobe 10 and it works fine.

So from my understanding Wing armies and Standard armies are NEVER on the field at the same time correct?

If thats the case can I use a custom flying daemon model as a Daemon Prince in my Wing army but also use it as say a Bloodthirster in my Standard army? The same analogy could be applied to Space Wolves and Storm Ravens I would think..

Basically, I ask this question to see if people can "reuse" certain models so they don't have to go out and buy something that they wouldn't normally field.

If Wing armies never share the same field as Standard armies then I can't see a problem with that..

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »
SW can use Storm Ravens.  Which version of Storm Raven?  BA and GK are different missle wise.  Also I have no idea what flyer book gave them.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
I was speaking more about monsterous creatures then traditional flyers, either way I don't intend to buy a model specifically to use solely as a wing unit when I already have a perfectly good model that can double as both. I think that might be more of something that I would work out with my opponents anyways

Grimwulfe

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »
That response was for TO.  What version of SR do SW get?

MM3791

• God
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 02:34:43 PM »
Gotcha, either way I just finished reading the Storms and Shadows Rulebook and I want to thank Paul Wyatt for creating such an incredibely fun, flexible, and engaging ruleset. I like this campaign because its very creative..

-Players have a choice in space travel, between sub-light speed and warp speed
-Players have a choice between investing points into their armies or using points for planetary defenses
-Players can use their space forces to interact with enemy ground forces and use ground forces to interact with enemy space forces
- Every 40k faction has their own unique and fluffy planetary bonuses

This campaign looks very fun!  ;D

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 07:47:07 PM »
So from my understanding Wing armies and Standard armies are NEVER on the field at the same time correct?

If thats the case can I use a custom flying daemon model as a Daemon Prince in my Wing army but also use it as say a Bloodthirster in my Standard army? The same analogy could be applied to Space Wolves and Storm Ravens I would think..

Basically, I ask this question to see if people can "reuse" certain models so they don't have to go out and buy something that they wouldn't normally field.

If Wing armies never share the same field as Standard armies then I can't see a problem with that..

Correct, you will never play in a game that features one of your wing armies and one of you standard armies at the same time. Therefore, yes you can reuse the model as a different unit between the two. Now there are a few points of clarification I want to make when I say yes on this. For one, as always you need to communicate clearly with your opponent what the unit represents, especially if what it represents will change whether it's in a wing or standard army. For two, depending on how custom it is, it may need approval by Battlegrounds in the Scratch Build unit thread. Just noting that. Three, Space Wolves can only use storm ravens in Wing armies, not in standard ones. Again, that's a point of clarification.

SW can use Storm Ravens.  Which version of Storm Raven?  BA and GK are different missle wise.  Also I have no idea what flyer book gave them.

The Space Wolves can use the SM version of the storm raven. This gives them the Storm Strike missile, which I have the profile for but can't post it online for liability reasons. I'll include it with the FAQ page for the paper rulebook I'll be bringing by BG tonight. That flyer is listed in "Death from the Skies" but to my knowledge functions almost exactly like the Blood Angels Storm Raven except their missile profile is slightly different.

Gotcha, either way I just finished reading the Storms and Shadows Rulebook and I want to thank Paul Wyatt for creating such an incredibely fun, flexible, and engaging ruleset.

You're very welcome. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the rulebook. I'd love to see us get a full house for this game, or even more so if we can so tell everyone you know! Also make sure to sign up if you haven't already, those planets are going fast.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 12:18:25 AM »
hmmm i got a few questions.

Firstly, i know each planet is allowed only a certain amount of armies does that just go for the planet itself or through out all the planets.

Example. Im on a planet allowing 3 main armies and one allowing 2. Can i have just the max of 3 across both planets or max up on each one.

Now my other question is related to the first. Does an army that is traveling to a planet count towards the planet it came from max army untill it lands or is not counted.

Example. I have 3 armies maxed out on a planet and i send 1 to another one 3 turns away, can i immeidiatly rebuild a 3rd army or do i have to wait for it to land.

My last question is something that will most likely never happen, but i found it amusing if it did. Say i had a base on 5 planets, and sent an army from each to the same planet and that arrive all the time. what happens?
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

MM3791

• God
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »
Tom, I think its done by territory.. not planet. Remeber the bordering enemy empires have the same starting resources as you.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
hmmm i got a few questions.

Firstly, i know each planet is allowed only a certain amount of armies does that just go for the planet itself or through out all the planets.

Example. Im on a planet allowing 3 main armies and one allowing 2. Can i have just the max of 3 across both planets or max up on each one.

Now my other question is related to the first. Does an army that is traveling to a planet count towards the planet it came from max army untill it lands or is not counted.

Example. I have 3 armies maxed out on a planet and i send 1 to another one 3 turns away, can i immeidiatly rebuild a 3rd army or do i have to wait for it to land.

My last question is something that will most likely never happen, but i found it amusing if it did. Say i had a base on 5 planets, and sent an army from each to the same planet and that arrive all the time. what happens?

Tom, as each planet has it's own army caps the caps are meant for that planet. So if you have an standard army cap of 2 on one planet and 3 on another, then you can have 5 standard armies total.

Armies sent through space count towards the maximum for their arriving planet. Therefore if a planet has a maximum standard army count of 2, then you can't send more than 2 standard armies to it even if they won't arrive for several turns.

If I understand correctly the previous answer also sort of answers your final scenario. You couldn't send those armies because the planets they'll being sent to already have the maximum number of armies at the time of your attempting to send them.