Author Topic: Storms and Shadows Scratch Build Approval Thread  (Read 5448 times)

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
Storms and Shadows Scratch Build Approval Thread
« on: June 25, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »
Evening Gents,

As described previously I'm setting up this thread for people to post pictures of scratch built units they'll be using in the Storms and Shadows campaign. Now remember, Storms and Shadows allows for any 40k approved Forge World unit. Additionally, for those who have read the Rulebook already you'll know that the final scenario: The Hammer Blow is an apocalypse format game.

Therefore the rules of approval are same as that of the Megabattle. Any scratch built models are expected to be of reasonable quality, painted and clearly had effort and thought put into their structure. If you're building something specifically for the campaign I Recommend posting it early so the Battlegrounds staff has time to either approve it or let you know what needs to be done on it.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

BlankaSmash

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
Re: Storms and Shadows Scratch Build Approval Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
my Imperial Guard Army is Star Wars based, Galactic Empire to be specific. for the Apocalypse scenario of this campaign I was looking to get this model approved as a base to use as a Warlord Titan. I will be modifying it if it gets approved for use.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:10:09 PM »
Am I alright to use Contemptor Dreads as C:BA Furioso Dreadnoughts?  That's what I've been using them for.
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:37:58 PM »
The idea of an AT-AT as a Titan is cool, not sure I see it as a Warlord, though, maybe a warhound.. got concept art for how you think it will look and how does it scale compared to other models...?

Take a look at some of the titan conversions from previous mega battles Warlords are big ugly bastards...

Cheers,
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
here's some scale perspective from the interwebz, depending on the size of the AT AT toy maybe a reaver titan

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 10:50:12 PM »
Who ever those titans and base in the background belong to has either A. Way to much free time. B. lots of money. C. A combination of A and B

BlankaSmash

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »
unfortunately, me and artistic ability do not get along. there was a fight long ago and we don't see eye-to-eye anymore.

I appreciate the support for being able to use them, thank you all!! the exact type of titan isn't a bi deal for me, I'm cool with any options. I just didn't want to waste my money buying and time modding if it wasn't something people were at least open too.

my idea is to build some giant guns and either glue them to the sides, or do some construction and rip the middle section of the AT-AT out and do have the guns sticking out of it that way. but I know there is some electronics in the middle so not sure how doable the ripping out is.

thank you to everyone!!

BlankaSmash

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »
and I believe its about 2ft tall and about 3ft long

Capone

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 12:09:15 PM »
Joe next time you goto a toy store please let me know, I'm sure that is an experience.
~Have you played Nintendo today~

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 12:37:50 PM »
Am I alright to use Contemptor Dreads as C:BA Furioso Dreadnoughts?  That's what I've been using them for.

Anyone?
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 12:51:33 PM »
Hey brad, no problems there. Just make sure your opponent is aware of the swap.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »
Who ever those titans and base in the background belong to has either A. Way to much free time. B. lots of money. C. A combination of A and B

Jealousy is a stinky cologne!
beep bop boop

BlankaSmash

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
Joe next time you goto a toy store please let me know, I'm sure that is an experience.

last time I was in a toy store with someone, I think I dropped like 3 F-bombs in front of a mother and her two little kids. it was awesome!! but Capone, I will inform you

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »

Jealousy is a stinky cologne!

Guess I have a stinky cologne on.

Vandehey

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »
I have not been able to get pictures for my Titan, But the last time I was in the store Derek took some with his phone and said he would post them here for me when he got the chance. Derek and Nick both approved the model and will have a picture up for everyone to see when Derek gets the chance to post it.